• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 winners from Sri Lanka

Unless your in the Job Zone 4 and SVP 7 & higher you will not get a chance of green card.
Since my friend was refused and he was under Job Zone 2 and SVP 4 so he is denied from refuse of visas,
Work Experience Qualify applicants please look into your job zone and SVP which categories you fall into before attending the visas interview......

hi nausha182 and britsimon,

I'm from Sri Lanka. 1st of all I do not have A/L (only have 1 pass from Maths stream). but I do have a BSc (Hons) Computing Degree form recognize UK university with Class (3 Year Degree) and currently I'm working as Software Developer - Web Application for more than two years. What do you think of my situation? please give your honest answer.

Thanks

Embassy even did not touch my masters degree only O/L and A/L

Bettar prepare for work experience.

I'm from Sri Lanka. 1st of all I do not have A/L (only have 1 pass from Maths stream). but I do have a BSc (Hons) Computing Degree form recognize UK university with Class (3 Year Degree) and currently I'm working as Software Developer - Web Application for more than two years. What do you think of my situation? please give your honest answer.

Thanks

You have a tricky case - with what you have said you are likely to be denied.

From an education point of view SL have a clear definition - you need 3 A/L passes not including General English. The CO should not pass your case on education if you haven't met that requirement even though you have completed the degree. There is a small chance they accept the degree - but it would be a mistake - so it is a tiny chance.

Regarding work experience, it is hard to qualify on those grounds. You need two years in a specialized job at a highish level. It depends how senior your job is. For example, a "web developer" is job zone 3 and a SVP range of 6 to 7. That does not qualify - even if you had 10 years of experience doing that. However, a "computer programmer" is at the right level. So, it partly depends how you can describe your job and how strong a case you can prepare. There is a very good thread on exactly that topic - check the posts by user mandb in this thread.

So, if you can describe your job in way that meets the job zone and SVP levels PLUS you can document what you are saying then you could win your case - but it is not an easy thing - you will be taking a risk with the fees.

I my dear friends,

After sometimes, :) I am in the middle of filling my information in I 134 to send that to my sponsor. I am facing some problems,

1. My husbands name it a bit longer to enter, (It says to put in another document, And to assure that that document is attached to the same from, instruction says to write the name(sponsor's) and Alean Registration Number (A- number)) Is the A-number is my Case Number?
2. I saw some articles in the net saying that we have to have the original documents signed by the sponsor (But friends from this forum suggested that it can be a scanned document of the original doc). So, how does this going to work? will it be fine?

3. Last and crucial :), Do we have to fill an i-134 for each (for me and my husband) and should I have 2 copies of W2 for each i-134 or only one i-134 is enough with a one W2 from? ( I our case we have only one sponsor :) )

Thanks a lot :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I my dear friends,

After sometimes, :) I am in the middle of filling my information in I 134 to send that to my sponsor. I am facing some problems,

1. My husbands name it a bit longer to enter, (It says to put in another document, And to assure that that document is attached to the same from, instruction says to write the name(sponsor's) and Alean Registration Number (A- number)) Is the A-number is my Case Number?
2. I saw some articles in the net saying that we have to have the original documents signed by the sponsor (But friends from this forum suggested that it can be a scanned document of the original doc). So, how does this going to work? will it be fine?

3. Last and crucial :), Do we have to fill an i-134 for each (for me and my husband) and should I have 2 copies of W2 for each i-134 or only one i-134 is enough with a one W2 from? ( I our case we have only one sponsor :) )

Thanks a lot :)

You asked by PM for answers. I have not filled out an I134, because I don't need one for my case and I haven't sponsored anyone. So I'll put my best guess (based on reading the same forms you have in front of you) and you can decide what to do.

First of all, make sure you have fully read the instructions for completing the I134. http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

The form is supposed to be completed by the sponsor - and your questions reveal you aren't thinking that way...

1. The A number is the sponsors Alien number if they are an LPR. It is one of the choices to explain their legal residence status in the USA (since the sponsor has to be someone legally resident - even if on a temporary visa).
2. The supporting documents can be copies.
3. Again, the form itself makes this clear - but you aren't thinking, you're just panicking. The person in item 3 is the principal winner and the winners spouse will be listed separately also in item 3 of the same form.

I believe you are a student. You need to learn that the most valuable thing you will (hopefully) learn in education is how to think. You are still asking step by step questions and the answers are almost always logical and common sense. So, relax, and think things through. If you do that - you will be fine!

Best of luck for the interview!

Hi,
Thank you very much for the answer Britisimom. Yes I am detailed oriented :) and we have gone through lot more hardships while my parents were preparing documents to migrate to Italy. So according to the past experiences, proper documentation very crucial when it comes to the "Third world". It is good that you brought this up :).

I asked these questions because there are some underlying issues that we are facing at the moment, Answers to these questions can answer the underlying questions (to some extent) (Asking the underlying questions (original questions) may violate our privacy and I think it is inappropriate :)).

Thanks

You will be OK, since you have degree and 12 years school.

Thanks

Sorry, I missed this before.

If you are interviewing in SL, they will apply a strict rule of 3A level asses (stated on their website). Therefor you might ave a problem on education grounds. In some cases COs have insisted on the high school standard being met even if the selectee went on to higher level education.

However, you seem qualified on work experience grounds anyway. So, if I were you I would go to the interview prepared to show work experience evidence. You need to prepare a comprehensive file of evidence about your experience for a least two years. Job offer letters, description of duties, even technical documentation you have created. You may just get passed on education, but if not, you have work experience to fall back on....

Sorry, I missed this before.

If you are interviewing in SL, they will apply a strict rule of 3A level asses (stated on their website). Therefor you might ave a problem on education grounds. In some cases COs have insisted on the high school standard being met even if the selectee went on to higher level education.

However, you seem qualified on work experience grounds anyway. So, if I were you I would go to the interview prepared to show work experience evidence. You need to prepare a comprehensive file of evidence about your experience for a least two years. Job offer letters, description of duties, even technical documentation you have created. You may just get passed on education, but if not, you have work experience to fall back on....

Thanks Britsimon for your valuable info. btw you already replied this before with same answers and I almost ready for my interview on 14th of August with documents you've mentioned.

Last edited:
Thanks Britsimon for your valuable info. btw you already replied this before with same answers and I almost ready for my interview on 14th of August with documents you've have mentioned.

Awesome. I love it when I answer the same question the same way twice.

Thanks Britsimon for your valuable info. btw you already replied this before with same answers and I almost ready for my interview on 14th of August with documents you've have mentioned.
When did you apply for police report?, I am a winner 2015 and need to apply police report. So, getting time frame.
Also please let me know your out come after the interview

CN : 2014AS000029XX
1st NL : May 02, 2013 (Status checked & selected)
Forms Sent : May 5, 2013 (Via DHL)
Forms Received : May 8, 2013 (dhl Confirmed)
Confirmed by KCC: May 24, 2013
2nd NL : dec 6, 2013
Police Reports : done by 20th December 2013.
Medical : 28th dec 2013
Interview : 8th of Jan 2014
Birth cert requested from embassy: 8th of January but I have submitted after 1 month
Visas : 19th Feb 2014
POE : New York on 9th may 2014
SS Card Rcvd : 16th of May 2014
Driving license : 20th May 2014
Return back to SL: 13th sep 2014 or before

How
Birth cert requested from embassy: 8th of January but I have submitted after 1 month
Did receive your SSN and Green card within 7 days?
Could you please explain the process of getting driving license?

Last edited:

Why are you returning to SL. are you still studying to something else? If you can please tell us about the life in USA

How

Did receive your SSN and Green card within 7 days?
Could you please explain the process of getting driving license?

SSN I received in 7 days and my 1st son also he is 4 years old and my wife and 2nd son received in 4 weeks, they all received green cards in 3 weeks but mine still did not received that's why I'm still here else I got a wonderful job in another country.

Driving licence you just bring your Sri Lanka licence and have to write an exam too