• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CP in Guangzhou and CGI Stanley????

Eucn

Registered Users (C)
Well preparing for cp in Guangzhou.

Trying to figure out how to pay. Seems they have outsourced some work to a company called CGI Stankey, who are supposed to bill me for the DV and return my passport. Strangely enough via a bank branch. So in order to proceeded I have to open a profile at their website, which is super slow so I could not move on to the part where I decide at which Citic Bank I will collect my passport. Called the helpline. They said that I could not proceed with opening my profile before I stated my priority date. I pretty sure I don't have any. Mu

Trying to figure out how to pay. Seems they have outsourced some work to a company called CGI Stankey, who are supposed to bill me for the DV and return my passport. Strangely enough via a bank branch. So in order to proceeded I have to open a profile at their website, which is super slow so I could not move on to the part where I decide at which Citic Bank I will collect my passport. Called the helpline. They said that I could not proceed with opening my profile before I stated my priority date. I pretty sure I don't have any. Mu
Confused, Eucn, I thought your number was EU38,xxx, why do you intend to interview in Guangzhou?

DVs don't have priority dates, but case numbers. As mainland Chinese are not eligible for DV I guess they see very few DV cases there, so you probably need to call the helpline again and explain this?

I
DVs don't have priority dates, but case numbers. As mainland Chinese are not eligible for DV I guess they see very few DV cases there, so you probably need to call the helpline again and explain this?
I did but the website is as it is. So it's impossible to proceed. I think I can pay at the consulate but they have not replied to my emails either :-(

I

I did but the website is as it is. So it's impossible to proceed. I think I can pay at the consulate but they have not replied to my emails either :-(
Hello Eucn, Indeed, conducting the visa interview in a third-party country other than your home country, surely adds another level of complexity, specifically is the US Consulate there does not process DV-Visa on a regular basis and therefore has established processes. Your best bet might be to establish direct contact with the consulate, ideally by phone, and see whether you possibly can pay the visa fee in USD on the day of your appointment. After all, you do have a confirmed appointment date, based on the 2nd NL you have received. Best of luck! Euro2014

I'll try. I just think that this is the way the system is set up. I hate when stuff is out sourced. Anyway getting ready for my medicals. Tried to get a time here in June. But first date was in July. Problem is that china does not have the tdap shot, but I've understood there is a waiver. I wonder why they told us not to eat breakfast ??? Any clue?

To top it off. Turns out that my children's birth certificates are wrong. The Chinese spelled one name wrong and mistyped my passport number on another. I did not notice as I never counted these documents for much due to the fact that my country's church representative in Hong Kong also issued their birth and baptismal certificates. Anyway there is time to correct it all. Great help that we have no steppe ration between church and state in my native country. I'm apostillating what I can recommend you all do the same not only for use in the dv but for future use in the USA if your native countries are signatories to The Hague convention on this matter.