• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2014 - Ethiopian selectees

Well I did look at the spreadsheet. I have downloaded it and sorted it. There's one number that's for July, AF 46,318. That's it. It seems weird there's just one number? Where's the second one? The next closest I've seen is AF44,962, which is a June number. I'm confused.

Anyway, I did a quick clean up of the data for the ADD consulate.

Summary:
Between Sept-March, 1386 CN were current. 951 were issued, 201 were refused, 62 are AP, 172 are stuck at ready.
In April, 279 CN were current, 189 issued, 29 refused, 15 AP, 46 ready.
In May, 420 CN current, 242 issued, 47 refused, 27 AP, 104 ready. Keep in mind some of the AP are those approved but not yet issued. I was interviewed on May 29, but my visa is under issued on June 2 in the spreadsheet. So those interviewed Friday 30 were probably still at AP when this data was extracted.

By end of May, 2085 CN had been current, 1382 issued, 277 refused, 104 AP, 322 stuck at ready.

In June, 287 CN current, and on Monday, 13 were interviewed and are all on AP (pending issuance for most, I presume), 1 was refused.

None of the figures above include derivatives.

I wonder why May is where the big bulge was, and I wonder if that's the case for all other regions.
Tew thanks for rechecking the data and sorting out the spreadsheet :)
Let me say that there is a probability of a missing data for addis consulate.
If its the case than I would estimate at maximum 20 to 30 cases including derivatives that might be missing.
We will eventually re check it once the new Data it out for july.

thanks jonahyoyi ,Mercy,Tew and ormania for your reply. You know ormania every thing is writen by you and your best so what can i say ؟ any way i will post the detail

That is too much praise man, we all shared the infos. I thank all of us. :)

BTW, I was at the embassy on Monday 1:00 pm as my newborn's medical was ready. They collected her passport form me and said that's all have a good day. And yesterday when i checked our visa status it says ISSUED. I hope i will get notification form DHL till Saturday. CHEERS all !

Congratulations!! It's an awesome feeling, isn't it?

Make sure to read every letter on your visa to verify everything is correct. Name, DoB, CN, etc. Any discrepancy can cause issues in the future.

Did you pick up your baby's as well or is it just for the rest of the family?

You'll get an email from the Embassy that they have mailed it, and they will give you a tracking number that you can use to check the status on DHL's website. But it's not that useful since DHL will email you within a few hours (2-4hrs) of the embassy to tell you it's with them and to pick it up.

In the meantime, you can go on ceac.state.gov to check your visa progress. Your status will be at Administrative Processing until they print the visa. As soon as it's printed, the status changes to Issued. Within a day of that, you'll get the email.

You'll get an email from the Embassy that they have mailed it, and they will give you a tracking number that you can use to check the status on DHL's website. But it's not that useful since DHL will email you within a few hours (2-4hrs) of the embassy to tell you it's with them and to pick it up.

In the meantime, you can go on ceac.state.gov to check your visa progress. Your status will be at Administrative Processing until they print the visa. As soon as it's printed, the status changes to Issued. Within a day of that, you'll get the email.
Thanks dear Tew