• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New year to you too! I am around, I read everything and am glad your bromance is still strong!
there are quite a number of frequent bloggers who are seriously missing or haven't posted anything for a while, am a bit worried. akelloh...notez...dannyden...samolaniyi...guriix...hamniwes...skache to name a few. Probably you've forgotten your passwords like me??lol we need to hear from you people every so often, don't be so quiet! aimanda7 I saw earlier you had friends posting in French, hope they were not discouraged, ask them to keep posting we need to know their progress!!HAPPY 2014 people!!*ahem I know am late*
p.s beth02 waiting for your updates on the interview

there are quite a number of frequent bloggers who are seriously missing or haven't posted anything for a while, am a bit worried. akelloh...notez...dannyden...samolaniyi...guriix...hamniwes...skache to name a few. Probably you've forgotten your passwords like me??lol we need to hear from you people every so often, don't be so quiet! aimanda7 I saw earlier you had friends posting in French, hope they were not discouraged, ask them to keep posting we need to know their progress!!HAPPY 2014 people!!*ahem I know am late*

Hehehe Nairobba..... I blame the absence mostly on the holidays hangovers and the January pressures. But we OK. Am happy for Beth 02, wishing him and family, and all who are planning on their relocation safe relocation and God's blessings in their endeavors. For those still waiting with me for their dates with the CO, keep the Faith!!! Then lastly I'd like to stay, On my honor, I promise that I will take time to communicate with my efamily, so help me God.
Family, the visa will be yours sooner than you know.

Inquire about Dv2014

i am from Eritrea selected in Dv2014 and i have probably high CN Dv2014AF 92***
i want to know
1, what are the cut off numbers listed in visa bulletin?
2, with this high CN is there any chance of me being Notified?
3, they selected 125000 people do all theis people get the 2NL (2nd notification letter)?

Please respond coz i'm kind of confused right now

i am from Eritrea selected in Dv2014 and i have probably high CN Dv2014AF 92***
i want to know
1, what are the cut off numbers listed in visa bulletin?
For February it's 21,750 and for March it's 25,000
2, with this high CN is there any chance of me being Notified?
Yes, although your CN is high Africa often gets current on Sept so I guess you still got a good shot of securing a visa(s)
3, they selected 125000 people do all theis people get the 2NL (2nd notification letter)?
Actually there are 140k selectees and given that the number of visas to be issued world wide are 50k visas, (Not sure how many) but This means that not everyone that will get a chance to attend the interview in his/her respective Embassy
Please respond coz i'm kind of confused right now

Welcome Genny,

Yes I got passport and the birth cert disappeared the same day! please advise how do i handle it since time is running out.

Emmy, get a new birth certificate or a certified copy of it from the appropriate department.
Birth Certificate is one of the primary documents required and they'll sure want to see it at the Embassy one way or the other.
If not you are giving them enough reason s to doubt you and you'll be put on AP until you present one...let's just not think of the worst case sceneriol that could happen.
If I were you I'd have already visited Births dept and requested for a replacement and please tell them it's an urgent matter.
All the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Congs Beth02; We thank God for your visa.
If I may ask; and anyone who's done interviews so far can answer this: Does the CO also need original documents (with photocopies) of derivatives or it this just for the Principal Applicant? I know I must have all the birth certificates for all of us; I know there must be a marriage certificate (original and copy) but do I need to photocopy the birth certificates for everybody? I thought I would ask? Thanks.

DV2014AF000085**
Entry Checked: 02.05.2013
Form Sent to KCC: 09.08.2013
Confirmed by KCC Via email: 14.09.2013
2nd NL: 20.11.2013
Interview : Mid Jan 2014
Police Cert: Done
P.O.E: Michigan, Detroit city

Thank you KaiaUG. It advisable you have everything in original and copy.but you don't need photocopy of police clearance certificate.

AP. UPDATE
At exactly 58 days into A.P, my status has again updated today. We are a family of 4, the principal applicant has been reading administrative Processing while other 3 family members have been reading Ready but today, there is only one family member reading Ready, all the other 3 are now reading Administrative Processing. Does that have any significance?
Any time I will get the final result, I will share any out come.Watch this space!

DV2014AF000085**
Entry Checked: 02.05.2013
Form Sent to KCC: 09.08.2013
Confirmed by KCC Via email: 14.09.2013
2nd NL: 20.11.2013
Interview : Mid Jan 2014
Police Cert: Done
P.O.E: Michigan, Detroit city

Thank you family2133.You have been good to all of us,you have made these forum active all through.Now it you time to celebrate.Anytime all will read ready in Jesus name.

Now I get yu right the only problem is b-cert, luckily if yu have a copy of it go to where yu were issued with that copy tell them it got lost and they will trace it in their data coz everything to do wth birtcert is computerized and thy wil print u another one bt only if not more than one year old coz I think the system started mid last year , now abt immigration stamp and R no, go to the immigration office and narrate them everything impotance abt the stamp and yua intervew n I bliv thy wil stamp yua b -cert bt oping yu are from kenya .gd luck.

Mates is good to be back hop ya all had a wonderful holiday for the rest of the members its bac to the waiting game ,patience folks will see us through i know the bulletin is moving slowly but tis just a mtter of tym the all will be ok .first i wanna congratulate folks who have made it thro be blessed beth God bles you to i can remember the early days you were worried its another reason for the rewst of us to believe in the almighty just good preparation to the rest of ya all who are relocating God be with you ,family bro wow the visa is yours we are prayiong for you and danny den

Todays devotion
Ephesians 3:20-21
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.

Remember GOD loves you be blessed folks

Mates is good to be back hop ya all had a wonderful holiday for the rest of the members its bac to the waiting game ,patience folks will see us through i know the bulletin is moving slowly but tis just a mtter of tym the all will be ok .first i wanna congratulate folks who have made it thro be blessed beth God bles you to i can remember the early days you were worried its another reason for the rewst of us to believe in the almighty just good preparation to the rest of ya all who are relocating God be with you ,family bro wow the visa is yours we are prayiong for you and danny den

Todays devotion
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.

Good to have you back Akelloh...yeah the bulletin is slow but it will pick up next month.

Hey guys, got a quick question especially to those who have left for the Obama land and they have a career in IT. Are there any certifications that would make one have an easy transition career wise, say maybe MCITP,CCNP, RHCSA... Anything. Am planning to get more certifications so that I wouldn't be unnecessarily burdensome to my host. Any info towards this will be highly appreciated.

Nairobba,

Am here, behind the blinds watching whats happening but nothing to say for now other than wait...wait.till the VB starts running..its crawling now. Happy preps

Family2133..thanks for the updates..Soon and very soon we are going to see..yea, that song

Very good news

Ladies and Gents, this is to let you know ON BEHALF OF our friend FAMILY2133 that, his status has just changed into READY from Administrative Processing !!! They (he and the whole family) are no longer in A.P.
He sent me an sms from the country about this good news and he is very happy for that, and once he reaches the town he ll post some something on the forum.

So, let us thank the Almighty and keep praying for the further process, and don't forger to pray for Dannyden too.
Mates, praise be to God !!

Waouh this is good news bro! We Thank God that finally Family2133 AP ended well!!

"Forum of winners"

Ladies and Gents, this is to let you know ON BEHALF OF our friend FAMILY2133 that, his status has just changed into READY from Administrative Processing[ /COLOR] !!! They (he and the whole family) are no longer in A.P.
He sent me an sms from the country about this good news and he is very happy for that, and once he reaches the town he ll post some something on the forum.

So, let us thank the Almighty and keep praying for the further process, and don't forger to pray for Dannyden too.
Mates, praise be to God !!

Hey guys, got a quick question especially to those who have left for the Obama land and they have a career in IT. Are there any certifications that would make one have an easy transition career wise, say maybe MCITP,CCNP, RHCSA... Anything. Am planning to get more certifications so that I wouldn't be unnecessarily burdensome to my host. Any info towards this will be highly appreciated.

Hi Hamniwes,

there are so many industrial certifications one can do so that the transition to the US isn't as burdensome. The thing about these certifications is the accompanying experience. Experience is gold. So accumulating the certifications with-out the necessary experience won't make you as competitive. I don't know in which area your specialties are but if you can specify the area you are in, then we can offer more specific information.

I hope this helps

Yes my man Nairobba!! My host left early Jan....They were over for the Holidays. I happened to come across the song Welcome to Atlanta by Jermaine Dupri and Ludacris on telly today...it got me excited cant wait to make it there. Lucky you you have already gone through the fire of baptism...cant wait for my turn with the CO.... You should play the song in your mp3 as you land.......we should hook up one day for a big mac and Dr pepper at a MacDonald joint....lol

haha my man!!I see you are already conversant with the diets there!!!wah as for me, I know I'll have a hard time with the food, am used to arrow roots, yams and wheat porridge I don't know the last thing about maccaroni and corn bread and all those fancy american foods. Damn!! I'm gonna get fat.

Hey pal, first of all tell me if once you fly you will be back on the forum. May be you ll only tell us your first day on the uncle sam land, but personally I wish you update us everything about SSN, GC and job hunting.... ok man Beth is doing well , visa approved as I read it from Partitas , and he will give further details later. congz to him, and Praises be to God.

haha aimanda throwing me under the bus like that?haha ok i'sall good!!lol I'll make sure I change my password to a more passive code.hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Family!!!Top news of the year so far!!Now come to Nairobi I show you where to buy your tickets from.hehe Congrats once again; I know your kids are over the moon right now...

Todays devotion

Welcome back Akello ,glad to have you back !

Status
Not open for further replies.