• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guriix

Registered Users (C)
DV 2014 Kenyan and The Region Selectees Report here

I have started this new thread for those DV 2014 selectees from Kenya and the region, we still have a long way to go and will borrow heavily from DV 2013 experiences and thread..thanks DV2013 for a great thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have started this new thread for those DV 2014 selectees from Kenya and the region, we still have a long way to go and will borrow heavily from DV 2013 experiences and thread..thanks DV2013 for a great thread.

We Kenyans always think ahead of time. Congratulations on your winning and may your thread be an inspiration to the 2014 guys. I have done our part and soon am hanging my boots for other new winners to take charge of their destiny.

Thanks Dubai-b

Originally Posted by Guriix

We Kenyans always think ahead of time. Congratulations on your winning and may your thread be an inspiration to the 2014 guys. I have done our part and soon am hanging my boots for other new winners to take charge of their destiny.

Thanks Dubai-b for a job well done, i have learnt alot and saved links, phone numbers and info. I look forward to 2014 with hope..Asante

Sending DSP-122 and DS230

I asked DHL how much it costs to send the forms and it comes to roughly Ksh. 3800, i went ahead and used Postal Corporation of Kenya, registered mail cost me Ksh. 550. It also has a tracking tool. Am still waiting for confirmation of receipt in KCC. It takes about 10 days. Hope this is helpful.

Case No: 2014AF00078***
Entry checked : May 01 2013
Forms sent to KCC : May 08 2013 (DHL)
Forms received by KCC :
2nd NL:
Police clearance:
Medicals:
Interview:
Visa pick up:
P.O.E:

I asked DHL how much it costs to send the forms and it comes to roughly Ksh. 3800, i went ahead and used Postal Corporation of Kenya, registered mail cost me Ksh. 550. It also has a tracking tool. Am still waiting for confirmation of receipt in KCC. It takes about 10 days. Hope this is helpful.

Congrats on ur winnings,wish we would have met sooner,u would 550 bob richer:p:p.Ever thought of emailing the docs rather than posting them?

Either way,its all good:):).If u can,try & keep this thread on the first page for better visibility & any way u can spread the word to draw more guys...

Cheers.

Congrats on ur winnings,wish we would have met sooner,u would 550 bob richer.Ever thought of emailing the docs rather than posting them?

Either way,its all good.If u can,try & keep this thread on the first page for better visibility & any way u can spread the word to draw more guys...

Cheers.

Thanks for the advice, a little late though :( Hope others can use that easier and faster way..How does one email the forms? and how do i keep the thread on the first page?

Thanks

Thanks for the advice, a little late though :( Hope others can use that easier and faster way..How does one email the forms? and how do i keep the thread on the first page?

Thanks

I urge those with high case numbers in 2014 dv not to hurry up to send forms to Kcc. Take your time to review everything. Send the forms when your 100% sure you won't have to contact kcc for corrections. I have seen dv winners rushing to send forms and later contact kcc for myriad corrections. My 2cents advice.

Congrats on ur winnings,wish we would have met sooner,u would 550 bob richer:p:p.Ever thought of emailing the docs rather than posting them?

Either way,its all good:):).If u can,try & keep this thread on the first page for better visibility & any way u can spread the word to draw more guys...

Cheers.

I know you are speaking from experience!!!. I tried telling others to do the same and some nasty sky guy started saying that i am a liar that email i gave was a fake one :D. Hey new people just like Obeezyb did save your money and send those form thru email and please use the email attached to your 1NL letter. We are looking forward to helping you all

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote Originally Posted by Obeezyb View Post
Congrats on ur winnings,wish we would have met sooner,u would 550 bob richer.Ever thought of emailing the docs rather than posting them?

Either way,its all good.If u can,try & keep this thread on the first page for better visibility & any way u can spread the word to draw more guys...

Cheers.

I know you are speaking from experience!!!. I tried telling others to do the same and some nasty sky guy started saying that i am a liar that email i gave was a fake one . Hey new people just like Obeezyb did save your money and send those form thru email and please use the email attached to your 1NL letter. We are looking forward to helping you all

Last edited by MaKiki; 13th May 2013 at 07:33 AM.

Could those of you from the DV 2013 who've sent their forms by email give us a step by step tutorial on how to do it for the benefit of those out there who are yet to send the forms to KCC. I believe it's a faster and a more efficient way and saves money too.

Asanteni.

hey am new here how do i know if i have a high case number?my application is a little bit complicated.
i applied when i was in italy and i put my address in kenya because my student visa was almost expiring.
i thought that they would not give me a working visa but they did so am still in italy. how am i supposed to
go about filling the forms and my current address is in italy.will that complicate things?

Well...your Case Number (CN) is the number you receive if you have been selected. For the year 2014, it will be for example 2014AF00033675. The AF refers to the AFrican region. Regarding the address to use, do you mean the address in the US or your current physical address? If you meant the physical address, this one is important since it is the one through which your Notification Letter(s) will be sent to. So this must be an address you can easily check or receive communication from.

hey am new here how do i know if i have a high case number?my application is a little bit complicated.
i applied when i was in italy and i put my address in kenya because my student visa was almost expiring.
i thought that they would not give me a working visa but they did so am still in italy. how am i supposed to
go about filling the forms and my current address is in italy.will that complicate things?

Hi, please fill the forms with your current address. There will be no letters sent to you by KCC, you might receive a letter from the Embassy where you'll be having your interview when the time comes. You can update your details, such as an address after you have sent the forms to KCC by e-mailing them.

Hi, am glad to have stumbled on this forums. Still very new but am looking forward to learn more from everyone. How do you put the signature?

Just fill in the forms like you want them to be there is NO fuss about it. They know people move from one step to another so take your time fill them keenly. So whats your case number if i may ask this is the only way you will know if its low or high meanwhile read and see how others have answered the same question in this forum

Well...your Case Number (CN) is the number you receive if you have been selected. For the year 2014, it will be for example 2014AF00033675. The AF refers to the AFrican region. Regarding the address to use, do you mean the address in the US or your current physical address? If you meant the physical address, this one is important since it is the one through which your Notification Letter(s) will be sent to. So this must be an address you can easily check or receive communication from.

Nowadays KCC does not send notification letters through physical address due to fraudsters. The only way you will be communicating with KCC is through email address and please keep your confirmation number nicely because you will need to check out your interview letter the same way you checked to see if you were selected.

Hi, am glad to have stumbled on this forums. Still very new but am looking forward to learn more from everyone. How do you put the signature?

Signature
For your fellow DV winners to be able to know and interact with you well please update your signatures. This is the place your forum mates will see when you sent the forms, when you are going for medicals, interviews, and even your POE Point Of Entry or where you intend to stay in the US.

Steps >>>> At the top of the page go to Forum Action >>>>Click on Edit Profile >>>> on the left side of the page go to >> My Settings >>> click on >>> Edit Signature. When a page opens >> this is where you will write your details to look like the ones you see below our posts.

Signature
For your fellow DV winners to be able to know and interact with you well please update your signatures. This is the place your forum mates will see when you sent the forms, when you are going for medicals, interviews, and even your POE Point Of Entry or where you intend to stay in the US.

Steps >>>> At the top of the page go to Forum Action >>>>Click on Edit Profile >>>> on the left side of the page go to >> My Settings >>> click on >>> Edit Signature. When a page opens >> this is where you will write your details to look like the ones you see below our posts.

Thank you Makiki, that was very helpful, and congrats! looking forward to learning more from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.