• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 GHANA and Nigeria SELECTEE, MEET HERE

Problem is, can your country issue you a new passport before the one you are currently holding expires?

The rule of thumb is one can apply for a passport renewal with 6 months to expiration on the old .

So Frank80, it would be wise for you to apply for a new passport before your interview, just like Ash2013 suggested

The rule of thumb is one can apply for a passport renewal with 6 months to expiration on the old .

So Frank80, it would be wise for you to apply for a new passport before your interview, just like Ash2013 suggested

Yeah, what you are saying is true. In replying to the earlier post my attention was drawn on the expiration of the visa instead of the passport. Thanks for the correction.

Hi Folks,

My wife and I need your help!

My Fiance won the lottery her case number is AF00026*** was received in May 7 2012
We had done our traditional engagement in April 2012
She did not add me during her entry into the draw last year.
We have filled up the forms together with me as the husband and have added my two (2) children from previous marriage to follow.

My wife is currently in the University and I am a businessman with an MBA and a degree. What are our chances?

God bless you all

The addition is not a problem since the marriage was after the initial online application. However, you need lots of proof to show it is not a fake marriage. You need pictures from the traditional wedding, if you have a joint account, carry the statement, joint bills etc. Carry court documents confirming custody of the children, seperation documents from your previous marriage as well etc. Good luck.

Hi Folks,

My wife and I need your help!

My Fiance won the lottery her case number is AF00026*** was received in May 7 2012
We had done our traditional engagement in April 2012
She did not add me during her entry into the draw last year.
We have filled up the forms together with me as the husband and have added my two (2) children from previous marriage to follow.

My wife is currently in the University and I am a businessman with an MBA and a degree. What are our chances?

God bless you all

Hey, for the fact you married her (April) before knowing the lottery outcome (May 7) is a big bonus. However the addition of two children is a thing to be worked on by showing evidence, affection from the woman and acceptance from the children. You know the children need to feel at ease with the woman as their mum most especially at the Embassy hall.

I believe including you in the online application last year with those children would have been the best scenario. Now do not act as if you are the boss with the money to assist a poor university student with only the lucky number. Try be the best husband on earth in your speeches, actions and reactions.

Are you from Nigeria?

Ebony topsy

Good to see that at long last a winner is here to open the 2013 thread. Some of us will be visiting this thread to contribute from time to time.
Case No: DV2013AF00018XXX
Entry checked: 9th May 2012
Forms sent to KCC: 12th July 2012
Received by KCC: 16th July 2012
Confirmation from KCC:
Police clearance: Not yet
2nd NL:Not yet
Medicals:Not yet
Interviews:Not yet
Visa Pick up:Soon ;)
P.O.E: Staten Island, New York

Hello house,please when will my case number be current,thanks.

Urgent Pleaseeeeeeee

Please, those who were selected for further processing in Ghana and Nigeria share your views, questions and experience on this thread.
Please let us make our US dream come true.

Confirmation from KCC:
Visa Pick up:Soon

Hello house,please i need some clarifications.I was single when i applied,but i got married March this year.
My international passport,school certificates and other relevant docs have my dad's surname,apart from my marriage certificate that has my husband 's surname.
More so, am yet to do a change of name,my birth certificate got missing in transit which means i will need to apply for a new one before my interview.Please, i want to know which surname i should use when applying for a new birth certificate and police clearance certificate.Expecting your good advice house
Thank you all.

Confirmation from KCC:

Fg
Hello house,please i need some clarifications.I was single when i applied,but i got married March this year.
My international passport,school certificates and other relevant docs have my dad's surname,apart from my marriage certificate that has my husband 's surname.
More so, am yet to do a change of name,my birth certificate got missing in transit which means i will need to apply for a new one before my interview.Please, i want to know which surname i should use when applying for a new birth certificate and police clearance certificate.Expecting your good advice house
Thank you all.
since the new birth cert would a document you are obtaining after your marriage it has to be in your new name.you can just put your new name in bracket besides your name.if you are a Nigerian you would be asked how you want your name to be written.
Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmation from KCC:

Thank you all.

The names you were given before you married or did you marry him from birth?

This advice will get you in serious trouble at the time of your interview if you choose to follow it. A birth certificate, regardless of when it is issued should always have the names given at birth - in this case your father's last name is the name that should be reflected on it as your surname, not your new
husband's
name!

since the new birth cert would a document you are obtaining after your marriage it has to be in your new name.you can just put your new name in bracket besides your name.if you are a Nigerian you would be asked how you want your name to be written.
Hope this helps

Well appreciated

This advice will get you in serious trouble at the time of your interview if you choose to follow it. A birth certificate, regardless of when it is issued should always have the names given at birth - in this case your father's last name is the name that should be reflected on it as your surname, not your new name!

Thank you all for your contributions.Well appreciated.

Thank you all for your contributions.Well appreciated.

Hi ebony,
It makes more sense when you look at people's signature when seeking opinion.I told you that's what I did for my wife.let no ne scare you with any trouble at the embassy.meanwhile,depending on your age ,lf you are a Nigerian you won't be given a birth cert but attestation of birth.I can even scan my wifes own to you if chance permits.people should say what they sure about please.
Try read the 2011 thread cos I can remember we discused alot about this during our time .I will also call some of old members here to try and take time to visit the forum to help new members so that you guys won't be misinformed.I will send my fone number and emaip address to those that might to ask questions .
Ebony ,please listen to people that have done before.go 2011 thread opened by Kenny for more experience.it unfortunate we lost our first thread before opening that one cos that is even more detailed

Cheers

Thanks

Hope this helps

Thanks so much hannat,i will do have you have explained.

hi

thanks for the info gays. i really do appreciate.

hello house

I did not put my signiture on page 2 of form DS-230. Do I have to resend the entire documents or only the corrections(page1&2) thanx

I did not put my signiture on page 2 of form DS-230. Do I have to resend the entire documents or only the corrections(page1&2) thanx

Only the corrected ones. They might even mail you that you have to send the pages before they can start processing your case.

Ive noticed a mistake

Hi Guys,
im a dv 2013 selectee and ive all my forms for me and my spouse to kcc and they ave confirmed receipt but after checking the forms, ive noticed a mistake i did whilst folling it: the place where am supposed to name the PETITIONER, i wrote my sponsors name. pls guys will this in any way affect my case..... advice needed. PLS

Hi Guys,
im a dv 2013 selectee and ive all my forms for me and my spouse to kcc and they ave confirmed receipt but after checking the forms, ive noticed a mistake i did whilst folling it: the place where am supposed to name the PETITIONER, i wrote my sponsors name. pls guys will this in any way affect my case..... advice needed. PLS

It's not a big issue. Don't worry about it. You can leave it as it is or you can email kcc to rectify the mistake.

second letter

Hi folks,i am a winner from Ghana.CN:2013AF000019** I would want to know if any ghanaian has received his 2nd notification letter.

Thread so boring!

:(:(:(This thread is so boring..................DV 2013 Ghanians and Nigerians, where are you??????????????????