I-130 Petition for Parents of US Citizens through Consular Processing.

Still waiting for I-130 approval

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I have sent my mom's I-130 to Chicago lockbox on 10/10/2012 with a receipt date of 10/18/2012. Initially for a month or so I was not able to track the petition at USCIS.com but then I was able to.

It's been little more than four months since the receipt date and for a long time the site is showing the status as Initial Review.

• Can i contact the customer service to check the status or should I have to wait for one more month before contacting USCIS?
  • Is there anyone applied to Chicago lockbox around this frame and got it approved?
Any suggestions or idea would be greatly appreciated to speed up the process (if there are any). I am so depressed at this moment as my mom never made to the U.S. for past 10 years due to multiple visa rejections.

I-130 Petition (Mother)
- 10/10/12: I-130 Sent via USPS to Chicago
- 10/20/12: NOA Rec'd with a receipt date of 10/18/2012
- ..............Eagerly waiting for approval

Normally it takes around 5 months to get approval & for some cases it could be less. My suggestion would be to wait at least a month more.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I have sent my mom's I-130 to Chicago lockbox on 10/10/2012 with a receipt date of 10/18/2012. Initially for a month or so I was not able to track the petition at USCIS.com but then I was able to.

It's been little more than four months since the receipt date and for a long time the site is showing the status as Initial Review.

• Can i contact the customer service to check the status or should I have to wait for one more month before contacting USCIS?
  • Is there anyone applied to Chicago lockbox around this frame and got it approved?
Any suggestions or idea would be greatly appreciated to speed up the process (if there are any). I am so depressed at this moment as my mom never made to the U.S. for past 10 years due to multiple visa rejections.

I-130 Petition (Mother)

Hey Manny,

I am in the same page with you. I sent my I-130 for my mum late October.
I called once USCIS but there is no way except waiting.
hope we will hear soon for approval.

keep us post it if you get any news.

Goodluck.

P.

Be patient..You are not the only one who is in the similar situation. I submitted I-130 for my father and I am still in the Initial Review status as well.

Normally it takes around 5 months to get approval & for some cases it could be less. My suggestion would be to wait at least a month more.

Be patient..You are not the only one who is in the similar situation. I submitted I-130 for my father and I am still in the Initial Review status as well.

Hello everyone,

I-130 Petition (Mother)

Hi Manny, was your petition transfered to the California service center?

Hi Manny, was your petition transfered to the California service center?

I don't know. How do i find that out?

I-130 Petition (Mother)

Last edited by a moderator:
Received email today that my cases have completed processing and now waiting for scheduling from the US consulate!

When you received NOA, the letter should have said where the application has been routed.

Hi Smile1,

Good luck for the interview to be scheduled!

It does not look like it was sent to any of the service centers. All i can see in the bottom of the NOA is National Benefit Center's address at Lee's Summit, MO. Please let me know if i am missing anything. Just wanted to mention that i am a NJ resident.

I-130 Petition (Mother)

Hi manny11,

Are you going the CP route or is your mom already here and you are applying GC from here? I'm not sure but from what I've figured out by reading here,if you are applying while your parents are already in the US,the application goes to NBC. Again,I'm not sure ,just figuring this out after reading posts on this forum. Hopefully,somebody knowledgable will pitch in. I know how stressful it is when you don't know what's going on! All the best!

Hi manny11,

Are you going the CP route or is your mom already here and you are applying GC from here? I'm not sure but from what I've figured out by reading here,if you are applying while your parents are already in the US,the application goes to NBC. Again,I'm not sure ,just figuring this out after reading posts on this forum. Hopefully,somebody knowledgable will pitch in. I know how stressful it is when you don't know what's going on! All the best!

Hi smile1,

I am going with the CP route. My mom never came to the US. I have no idea why the application was sent to NBC. Will wait for 3 more weeks which completes 5 months. At that point, What would be the best way to reach out to NBC to find the status? Can i setup a INFO PASS appointment to check out the status?

I-130 Petition (Mother)

Birth Certificate Question? and CP Processing.

Greetings everyone,

I'm getting ready to submit my mothers papework. I have a question regarding the birth certificate, I know it has to be translated but does it need to be notarized? Can I do the translation my self and then take it to a Notary to get it notarized? will that be sufficient?

My mother lives in Mexico City, (me in California). Will she have an interview at a consular office in Mexico City once the application gets approved?

Thanks,

Al.

Another Birth Certificate Question

Hi everyone,

After reviewing the paperwork needed to submit my mothers I-130. I realized that they don't ask for her BC... it seems a little strange to me.. So do they ever ask for a translated copy of her BC? should I bother translating it and send it to them right now or will that come later or not at all?

Thanks again!!

Hi everyone,

After reviewing the paperwork needed to submit my mothers I-130. I realized that they don't ask for her BC... it seems a little strange to me.. So do they ever ask for a translated copy of her BC? should I bother translating it and send it to them right now or will that come later or not at all?

Hi,
With I 130, you submit Your BC......when the application is approved and you have to fill form DS 230 ,then you need your mothers BC along with other civil documents that are listed in the instructions.

Hi everyone,

Hi,
With I 130, you submit Your BC......when the application is approved and you have to fill form DS 230 ,then you need your mothers BC along with other civil documents that are listed in the instructions.

Thanks Smile1, Can I certify my own BC translation? some forums say it's ok some say it isn't?

Thanks,

Alex.

Latest updates....

I just spoke with the National Visa Center and the case was complete since yesterday 2/28/2013. Now, I am waiting for the interview to be scheduled at the U.S. Consulate for my mother. Thanks God...the journey is getting to the end.

Latest updates....

I just spoke with the National Visa Center and the case was complete since yesterday 2/28/2013. Now, I am waiting for the interview to be scheduled at the U.S. Consulate for my mother. Thanks God...the journey is getting to the end.

Congrats! .....but this is only for ur mom.....what about ur dads case?

Congrats! .....but this is only for ur mom.....what about ur dads case?

Thanks Smile1.... My dad's case is still in the "Initial Review" at the National Benefits Center. The last I heard, it was transfered to my local USCIS office. I haven't heard anything else since. I am among of people who filed in OCtober 2012 to CSC and their stand-alone I-130 were transfered to the NBC for processing. So, I am still waiting....

Question 14...

Hello everyone,

So here I am thinking I'm ready to send my application paperwork and after I was reviewing my answers I realized that question NO.14 says "If your relative is currently in the US., complete the following:"

My question is this.. my mother is not in the US but she did come to the US with a humanitarian visa when my dad passed away.. she left before her visa expired. I know the question says "If your relative is in the U.S., complete the following" So with that should I just leave that section blank since she is no longer in the US? or should I fill it out and attach separate documentation showing the I-94 (copy) and a copy of the airline ticket showing that she left the country before her visa expired??

Thanks,

Alex.