I-751 February 2010 Filers

I am in the same boat, our package even arrived on Feb 3 but still we haven't recieved Finger Point Appointment notice. I had started another thread on this subject and a contributer suggested we should schedule infopass. So that is what we are planning on doing. FYI

Feb-11-2010 sent package by priority mail to VC
Feb-16-2010 package received
Feb-17-2010 check cashed
Feb-20-2010 notice received

this is my timeline

but i am still waiting for my fingerprint appointment notice

almost a month now

is it normal?

what i should do?

appreciated any suggestion

Monday. still no....

thanks..

I think i will wait until thursday, then make an appointment for infopass if still no.

also, if u tried info pass, please let me know how is the process and what is the result..

thanks a lot!!

I did my biometrics today - was waiting 3 hours before they call me in. My friend went to the same place 3 moths ago and it took her 10 minutes to complete. You might be late due to the amount of cases they recently received - a lot of people from Haiti were waiting with me today. Are u in NY?

I did my biometrics today - was waiting 3 hours before they call me in. My friend went to the same place 3 moths ago and it took her 10 minutes to complete. You might be late due to the amount of cases they recently received - a lot of people from Haiti were waiting with me today. Are u in NY?

yes, i am in new york...

so...

a lot of ppl from haiti are taking the spaces?

I would say they all getting their temporary residency NY has the biggest population in US of Haitians

Scheduled infopass, were there with my wife. Immigration officer scheduled biometrics for us for 3/31/2010. She also stated biometrics had not been scheduled before. ( My assumption was it was lost in the mail but i was wrong. ). Wonder why it takes longer for some some applicants to recieve the fingerprints appointment notice??

Scheduled infopass, were there with my wife. Immigration officer scheduled biometrics for us for 3/31/2010. She also stated biometrics had not been scheduled before. ( My assumption was it was lost in the mail but i was wrong. ). Wonder why it takes longer for some some applicants to recieve the fingerprints appointment notice??

thanks

then, i will try infopass

Done in one day

Hi, everyone,

first of all, thanks for all the suggestions.

I went to Garden City uscis office today, since the next available day of NYC office will be 25th. Only less than 10 people are waiting in the lobby, and no one is on line. Then I just went to the counter and explain the situation.

Since it is the lunch time, I waited almost half an hour for an immigrants officer who deals with biometric appointment. He checked sth online, and told me VC haven't issued me a fingerprint day. Although they said over a month isn't abnormal and always suggest people keep waiting, they will give u a in person appointment if you ask. He gave me one, it is April 14th. He said this is the earliest day he can see in the computer system.

I may travel out of the country during the mid-april. I asked him what to do. He suggested me to walk in the ASC center to reschedule, or even try to walk in to finish the fingerprint.

Total time i spent in garden city is around one hour, much quicker than last year i waited in NYC when my first green card got stolen in Euro.

I drove back brooklyn and thought i may give a try to walk in the ASC. Then i went there directly. Surprisingly, the lobby which has over 200 seats, only one people are there waiting. So empty.

Then i asked if i can reschedule. One supervisor just pass by the front desk. He looked my paper and told the officer, let her do it today, because no people waiting there.

So lucky, then, another 15 minutes, I finished my fingerprint.

I am still confused why they give out more biometric appointment notice since they ASC is so slow. totally empty.

Anyway, thanks so much, guys.

and good luck, everyone here.

piggytt
I am glad it worked out well for you.
Today we recieved another ASC appointment notice in the mail with the same date and time.

Hello Everyone!

I'm new here, but wanted to share that our case got approved today. Here is our timeline:
• 02/08/2010 I-751 package mailed to CSC
• 02/09/2010 I-751 package received (entered into their system 02/10)
• 02/12/2010 check cleared (deposited 02/10)
• 02/16/2010 I-797C Notice of Action (NOA) received (prepared 02/10; mailed 02/11)
• 03/05/2010 2nd I-797C ASC Biometrics appointment received (prepared 02/26; mailed 03/02)
• 03/08/2010 Biometrics taken/done (appointment for 03/16, walk-in: 03/08)
• 03/09/2010 Date update on case status after biometrics
• 03/23/2010 Case approved (card ordered)

Best wishes to all of you who are still waiting. It's taking some time, but you will get it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of quick updates.

1. Took an Int'l trip - since GC expires on 3/29, tried to go to the USCIS local office to get a passport stamp - they refused saying that I already had the extension letter. No biggie!
2. Received ASC Fingerprinting notice on/around 3/15
3. Completed fingerprinting on 3/25 - took 10 minutes.

2/22/10 Mailed I751 - Day 1
2/23/10 Package received at Vermont - Day 2
2/26/10 Check cashed - Day 5
3/4/10 Received I797 NOA - Day 11
3/16/10 Received ASC notice - Day 23
3/25/10 Completed Biometrics - Day 32

is it odd that when i check the case status. I receive this message:

"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status"

2/09/10 Mailed I751 to VSC
2/12/10 Mail delivered
2/12/10 Cashed check
2/19/10 Received extension letter with EAC number
3/4/10 ASC Appointment Notice
3/12/10 ASC Appointment

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just received phone call from immigration - the person was asking if I'm such and such but it wasn't my name. Then asked if I'm a wife of -my husband name- and I said 'yes' and introduced myself- He just said 'aha' and hung up on me. My husband received a missed call from the same number around the same time.. it was (800)376-5283 Did any of you get it?? It's Saturday!

is it odd that when i check the case status. I receive this message:

"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status"

You need to use the receipt number that you received in your second I-797C (NOA) for the biometrics at the Application Service Center (ASC). If you were trying the one from the first NOA, that doesn't work.

Hello February filers!

Today we received a text message and email that USCIS mailed the approval letter on March 27th. I just checked the mailbox and we received two letters: (1) approval letter, and (2) the permanent green card is for 10 years with a new category IR6 (Spouse of a US Citizen). Don't lose hope (especially those of you who filed in VSC), you will receive yours...it just take some time.

Here is our timeline:
• 02/08/2010 I-751 package mailed to CSC
• 02/09/2010 I-751 package received (entered into their system 02/10)
• 02/12/2010 check cleared (deposited 02/10)
• 02/16/2010 1st I-797C - Notice of Action (NOA): I-751 received (prepared 02/10; mailed 02/11)
• 03/05/2010 2nd I-797C - NOA: ASC Biometrics appointment received (prepared 02/26; mailed 03/02)
• 03/08/2010 Biometrics taken/done (appointment for 03/16, walk-in: 03/08)
• 03/09/2010 Date on case updated
• 03/23/2010 Case approved (card ordered)
• 03/29/2010 3rd I-797C - NOA: Approval letter received (prepared: 03/23; mailed: 03/25)
• 03/29/2010 I-797D - Mailer: 10-year permanent resident card (I-551) received (prepared: 03/24; mailed 03/26)

For those who filed in California (CSC), the good news is that they are already working on the February petitions. For those of you filing in Vermont (VSC), don't lose hope, you will receive yours...it just take some time.

My wife's reciept number and ASC number are the same and when I enter it to check the status I get this message:
"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."
All the inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks. the NOA number worked.