• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Congratulations gagaun!

Guys, I had a question about the required documents/materials for the interview.

The letter I received asks for:
1. Two recent passport style photos. -
2. Original birth certificate.
3. Medical exam: Form I-693 and Supplemental from approved physician. Evidence for work experience or high school education.
4. any arrest records.
5. proof of entry into the us and evidence of current status, including I-94.
6. any I-797 notices indicating a change of status or extension of status.
7. receipts.
8. "notification letter" with a photocopy ("congratulations" letter).

Should we bring photos AGAIN? We submitted 2 photos for each of us with the pachage.
What about the Form I-693? We simply DO NOT HAVE them. We submitted them with the package. We cannot bring them with us. Why are they asking for supplemental? What is it?
What is "proof of entry"? Our visas, I-94 and I-24? What else could be a "proof of entry"?
Thank you for your answer in advance.

Hi Ahad!

I think it' just standard letter, but in my case they ask me for appointment letter, emploeyment letter and arrest records (if any), my appointment letter came from my field office, yours, I think came from MSC, so just bring everything they want to be prepared.
Bring 2 photoes just in case, but I think it's not necessary
Usually doctor gives Form I-693 and its copy, if you have that copy, take it, if not, you can go to your doctor and ask for the copy, they keep the copies for their records! and then tell them that original was sent to Chicago.
proof of entry it's your I-94
Prepare everything and everything will be ok!!! good luck!!!
Did u get your documents from your parents?

Thank you for your answer capeolive.

I can talk with the doctor whom I did my I-693, but there is no way for me to get it. I submitted it with the Application for Adjustment of Status in a sealed envelope, since it is part of the application.
Why are they asking for another one? That is what I don't understand.

Don't worry Ahad.
I'm sure that your doctor can give you copy of I-693. And you can tell to officer that you already send the original, and you have only a copy.

Hi Ahad,

The reason might be as simple as
"they did not check your file thoroughly so they think that you never submitted it"
But if it was lost somehow you'll end up getting a new one.
If you have copies of everything you submitted get them with you
plus the originals. You are almost there.
Do what you can, pray and yo shall receive...

Thank you for your answer capeolive.

I can talk with the doctor whom I did my I-693, but there is no way for me to get it. I submitted it with the Application for Adjustment of Status in a sealed envelope, since it is part of the application.
Why are they asking for another one? That is what I don't understand.

Hi Ahad!

I think it' just standard letter, but in my case they ask me for appointment letter, emploeyment letter and arrest records (if any), my appointment letter came from my field office, yours, I think came from MSC, so just bring everything they want to be prepared.
Bring 2 photoes just in case, but I think it's not necessary
Usually doctor gives Form I-693 and its copy, if you have that copy, take it, if not, you can go to your doctor and ask for the copy, they keep the copies for their records! and then tell them that original was sent to Chicago.
proof of entry it's your I-94
Prepare everything and everything will be ok!!! good luck!!!
Did u get your documents from your parents?
Thank you for your answer middle.com.
No the documents haven't arrived yet. They talked with the post office, it will probably arrive by 22nd, that is what they told.
As for I-693, doctor gave me a sealed envelope and I submitted it with my package. It is prohibited to open it, so I don't have a copy of it. I will contact the doctor, but I don't understand why they asking for something I submitted with my package.

Thank you for your answers new one and capeolive. I will call the USCIS about this. Is infopass useful at all for such issues? I don't want to drive over 6 hours to hear something absolutely useless.

Does someone know, can I send my package by USPS express mail, to this address:

USCIS
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603 - 5520

Because I found on the I-131 instructions form that that address is for private courier (non- USPS) deliveries

Hi new one,

No you can not.
This address is only for FedEx and UPS.

Does someone know, can I send my package by USPS express mail, to this address:

USCIS
Chicago, IL 60603 - 5520

Because I found on the I-131 instructions form that that address is for private courier (non- USPS) deliveries

Ahad,
I don't know what to say? It's depend of officer and his knowledge. You could see that lot of people went for nothing in the past, because lot of officers are new, or they don't know procedure as well. So maybe it's better to call first, and then if they don't answer try to go. And ask for someone who can tell you exactly what you should do.

new one,

First of all if you filled the forms out without reading the instructions, you should read the instructions.
Also before you send anything: check everything thoroughly 2-3 times and make an exact copy of the file you are sending.

InfoPass is something you do just in case it might help you.
It really depends on who you talk there.
At the InfoPass they might say you don't need something but
at the interview you might end up needing it.
In this case I wouldn't drive for six hours.
But if you think it might help you and feel like driving then do it...

Thank you for your answers new one and capeolive. I will call the USCIS about this. Is infopass useful at all for such issues? I don't want to drive over 6 hours to hear something absolutely useless.

Hi zapatos,

I didn't know that you are going for interview tomorrow.
So if you are: You have my best wishes.
I hope you get a good IO and have a smooth interview...

Thank you for your answer middle.com.
No the documents haven't arrived yet. They talked with the post office, it will probably arrive by 22nd, that is what they told.
As for I-693, doctor gave me a sealed envelope and I submitted it with my package. It is prohibited to open it, so I don't have a copy of it. I will contact the doctor, but I don't understand why they asking for something I submitted with my package.

I think everything is good they just send you standard list of the documents without checking what you already submitted, so I think you don't need the Infopass, just contact your doctor and check if they have your med exam copy, and if they do just get one and bring it with you for the interview. Don't worry everuthning will be good!!!

Ok capeolive. Of course that I read instructions before I filled them out.
Now I am totally out of everything....
In I-485 instructions that i downloaded I found the address:
USCIS
Chicago, IL 60603 -5520
But now they put on new instructions for I-485 but they wrote down that previous edition not accepted after 3/29/2010. So I still have time.
And in new edition they put new address:
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn -3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517
I already printed out everything and made punches on all papers and wanted to send in tomorrow.
What to do now? Just change the address and file to the new one?
Anyone have advice.
Thanks

I am the winner of DV 2010 lottery . When I filled the DS 230 and DS) 122 forms , I omitted to write important work experience which I worked. I have an interview appointment in May 2010. Can I rewrite or edit my work experience and send in the new DS 230 and DSP 122 forms t to the KCC . Or can I tell the omission to the consular officer in the embassy during my interview? Will the consular officer consider this new information as a fraud? or will she/he accept it to me if I write in the new DS 230, and DSP 122 forms which is supposed to be sent to the embassy. Will the consular officer ask me why I didn't mention it before? What can I do during my interview?

Please help me

You should use the address on your form you filled.
If you filled the old one use that address.
You can still use the old one...

Ok capeolive. Of course that I read instructions before I filled them out.
Now I am totally out of everything....
In I-485 instructions that i downloaded I found the address:
USCIS
Chicago, IL 60603 -5520
But now they put on new instructions for I-485 but they wrote down that previous edition not accepted after 3/29/2010. So I still have time.
And in new edition they put new address:
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn -3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517
I already printed out everything and made punches on all papers and wanted to send in tomorrow.
What to do now? Just change the address and file to the new one?
Anyone have advice.
Thanks

thank you capeolive, middle.com, new one, cool dude, i2009, & Ahad

I will try to get my SS card adjusted this week.

Good luck to all in the process