Help help help !!

freddy22

Registered Users (C)
I have always taught him high standards and morals and he has not been in trouble before and without apportioning blame, he just was in the wrong place at the wrong time and subsequently got charged with Grand Larceny in the 4th and Criminal Mischief in the 3rd:

I am worried sick - he is a green card holder - permanent resident of the USA without condition but I know there are conditions that they could deport or start deport proceedings in cases where permanent residents commit offences of certain nature - can they?

However I had to bail him out - such a traumatic time last night at 3am, and had to pay $1000 for each offense - Total $2000:

He is set to appear on Thursday next week 1/8/09 in Court at 9am and then the same day for the other charge in another court at 10-30am - how he can be on time at both I do not know:

I have no lawyer and do not know how the process works, and I cannot afford thousands of dollars for a Lawyer right now.

Someone said I get my bail money back on Thursday but I have read maybe not until the end of the case?

I really am at a loss what to do with no resources or advice - I want it finished with and how would I plea bargain?..on the day with the DA?
How would I get the charges reduced or would I plead not guilty for him?

I am worried sick and have nowhere to turn.....I am sorry to have to ask

... he just was in the wrong place at the wrong time and subsequently got charged with Grand Larceny in the 4th and Criminal Mischief in the 3rd
So, from the sound of it, he just "was somewhere", but didn't do anything (wrong). He should be OK. If you/he can't afford a lawyer, one will be appointed by the court.

Wd

So, from the sound of it, he just "was somewhere", but didn't do anything (wrong). He should be OK. If you/he can't afford a lawyer, one will be appointed by the court.

Wd

He knew the kid was stealing the snow mobiles so that makes him as bad right?

A criminal charge of aiding and abetting or accessory can usually be brought against anyone who helps in the commission of a crime, though legal distinctions vary by state. A person charged with aiding and abetting or accessory is usually not present when the crime itself is committed, but he or she has knowledge of the crime before or after the fact, and may assist in its commission through advice, actions, or financial support. Depending on the degree of involvement, the offender's participation in the crime may rise to the level of conspiracy.

For example, Andy draws a floor plan of a bank, knowing of Dan's intention to rob it. After Dan commits the robbery, Alice agrees to let him store the stolen money at her house. Both Andy and Alice can be charged with aiding and abetting, or acting as accessories to the robbery.

Your son needs an immigration attorney. If there's decent evidence against him, his immigration attorney needs to figure out what they can offer in a plea bargain that won't be considered a crime of moral turpitude.

my son was down the road as a lookout while the kid stole the snow mobiles!
OK, this ("as a lookout") is quite different from just being "in the wrong place at the wrong time". More than likely he was also part of the planning process for this crime and whether or not he actually touched the snow mobiles becomes rather irrelevant.
Your son was charged with Grand Larceny in the 4th and Criminal Mischief in the 3rd because he committed a crime.
Was there any violence (or threat thereof) involved?

Wd

OK, this ("as a lookout") is quite different from just being "in the wrong place at the wrong time". More than likely he was also part of the planning process for this crime and whether or not he actually touched the snow mobiles becomes rather irrelevant.
Your son was charged with Grand Larceny in the 4th and Criminal Mischief in the 3rd because he committed a crime.
Was there any violence (or threat thereof) involved?

Wd

no violence at all or threat

The criminal mischief isn't to much of a problem, does effect his GMC. The other charge is related to theft (CIMT), if he gets convicted of it and the sentence COULD have been upto a year in jail, he is in big trouble if it occured within 5 years of admission.

He is a really big trouble if he has been convicted of two CIMT at anytime, no matter what the sentence.

The criminal mischief isn't to much of a problem, does effect his GMC. The other charge is related to theft (CIMT), if he gets convicted of it and the sentence COULD have been upto a year in jail, he is in big trouble if it occured within 5 years of admission.

He is a really big trouble if he has been convicted of two CIMT at anytime, no matter what the sentence.

We came here in 1999 to the USA, and he got his green card on 12/28/06 as the processing time took forever since filing way back in 2003

what is CIMIT

if we can get the DA to reduce the charges by plea bargain from Grand LArceny in the 4th to a misdemeanor then its plain sailing hopefully