I-751 waiver (divorce) thread

It's a very good thread!!! I'm with you guuyyysssss!!!!
Here is my timeline:
Married: End of July 2006
Conditional GC: November 2006
Divorced: September 2007
Filed I-751: August 2008 to Vermont
Transfer to Calif: March 5th, 2009

California is giving away approvals easily to everyone within 1 or 2 months!!! I'd even say more likely within 1 month.. It makes me paranoid.. what are they doing with my case?

p.s. I'm really glad that we have our own thread now!!!

My case is also pending (VSC). I got married in 2006, had my 1st interview in oct 2006. received the CGC on april (was stuck on name check). Started divorce process in feb 2008 (although we did speak since july of 2007). Received divorce decree on sept. Mailed I-751 on jan/2009 (received date jan 16). Had biometrics done on 02/13 and now is just wait time. I sent everything myself and I didn't have much stuff. I hope everything goes ok. Good luck to us all

Sent

Lease agreement,
Bank cards and checks and letters
Tax Return
Utility bills
about 10 pictures
Medical insurance cards and policy
Personal Statement
2 Affidavits from friends
a copy of arrest report of my wife (probably the main reason why we got divorced)
(no car insurance, she doesn't drive)

I think that is all I can remember

Hi all.

I filed for my I-751 waiver back in December 08 (Dec. 06, 2008) and got a letter from USCIS on the 27th of May for an interview at my local DO in Atlanta.

Please keep me in your prayers and I did use a lawyer for this process. Weird thing is I didn't see any updates online for my case and did not have any RFEs.

Thanks

Hey KVajir

I will get you the list of all that my lawyer and I sent. But my interview date is June 10th. I applied to VSC and I was shocked when I heard from them as I heard that they are taking about 1year and all.

intially they were saying 1 yrs to done with process. nowadays they are committed to done in 6 montth and that's why you get quick response. i am not gone through interview myself but i took some idea from fried of mine who pass trough similar situation and all replied positively . so don't worry its good that u get interview u have more chanceds to get approved.
mine RD for I751 is also 23 Dec, 08 @ VSC. i m waiting for mine too. i submitted Bank statement, joint iternary ticket, some pix taken in USA and 2 affidavit. let see what will happen. if u know what docs did u send let me know too

@ kvajir

Hey, I am off to my lawyer this afternoon for my interview prep. When I get back I will send you and exact list of all the docs that I sent. He will be at the interview with me also and all.

Thanks for the encouragement and all the best to you too.

I will keep you all posted.

Thanks guys.

I need some advice..
My green card expired June '08. I received 1 year extension paper when I filed my 751 in May '08. I have not heard anything from USCIS since then. I called them to get information on my pending case and I received a letter stating that the case is still under review and to wait. My concern/fear is that my 1 year expiration will end this month.

What should I do?

Any advice/help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I need some advice..
My green card expired June '08. I received 1 year extension paper when I filed my 751 in May '08. I have not heard anything from USCIS since then. I called them to get information on my pending case and I received a letter stating that the case is still under review and to wait. My concern/fear is that my 1 year expiration will end this month.

What should I do?

Any advice/help will be appreciated.

Thanks

byehello you need info apponitment and go there they will stamp on your passport for another year, no matter how many days left to expire your status.

Good luck all

byehello you need info apponitment and go there they will stamp on your passport for another year, no matter how many days left to expire your status.

Good luck all

Thanks!!

I did speak with them and they asked me to bring in my passport and they would stamp it with extension.

I751-Receipt Notice Language

Hey Guys,

I originally filed my I-751 as joint couple but then my marriage started falling apart and we started divorce process before my I-751 got processed. Then I got interview and I did not go to local office per my attorney suggestion because my wife would not have collaborated. USCIS denied my application (no surprise) and terminated my status. But as soon as I got my divorce finalized, I filed my I-751 waiver with divorce decree and other supported docs.

Now I received my NOA but it has this wording in it; (this extension and authorization for employment and travel does not apply to you, if your conditional resident status has been terminated). Is this standard language now? My previous 2007 I-751 NOA did not have this lingo.

Does it mean that I am not eligible to work or travel because original I-751 was denied? :confused:

No, mine has the same thing on it. It states it is not valid if your residency has been terminated. This is not your case since your application is still processing.

Thanks for your reply but my concern is that my conditional status was terminated when I did not show up for interview and I was in that terminated status till I got my divorce and re-applied for new I-751. So question again is that If my status was terminated, then now does this new I-751 does renew my temporary status or not? :confused:

Hey guys, here i go..
i am approved without interbview. i was also with a waiver. i just received email today aying that they have ordered for production of my new card . allow 30 days to proceed.
i am feeling happy

Call immigration or find a lawyer.

Thanks for your reply but my concern is that my conditional status was terminated when I did not show up for interview and I was in that terminated status till I got my divorce and re-applied for new I-751. So question again is that If my status was terminated, then now does this new I-751 does renew my temporary status or not? :confused:

Your lawyer is an idiot. Simply not showing up is one of the worst things you can do.

Hey Guys,

I originally filed my I-751 as joint couple but then my marriage started falling apart and we started divorce process before my I-751 got processed. Then I got interview and I did not go to local office per my attorney suggestion because my wife would not have collaborated. USCIS denied my application (no surprise) and terminated my status. But as soon as I got my divorce finalized, I filed my I-751 waiver with divorce decree and other supported docs.

Now I received my NOA but it has this wording in it; (this extension and authorization for employment and travel does not apply to you, if your conditional resident status has been terminated). Is this standard language now? My previous 2007 I-751 NOA did not have this lingo.

Does it mean that I am not eligible to work or travel because original I-751 was denied? :confused:

Hello People:

I had my interview this morning. Here is a quick summary of my situation. We were married back in April of 2006, got my temporary resident approval (temporary greencard) approved February of 2007. We got divorced October of 2008 and I then filed through a lawyer, removal of conditions based on "marriage in good faith" and got my NOA in December 06, 2008. All was sent to VSC.

I recieved my letter asking me to come in for an interview May 22nd 2009 for 8am June 10th (today).

I got there around 7:20am and waited for my lawyer who met up with me around 7:45am on the third floor of the Atlanta DO.

Then at 8:10am the immigration officer calls out my name, looks at my lawyer and was like "Oh lord its you again" (Jokingly)

We sat in her office, she confirmed my name, date of birth, address, when we were married, my ex-wife's full name, and her date of birth. She also asked for my phone number which I had given her the old one and then told her I had a new number.

She looked at me and was like "how you goin' give me your old number what if I wanted to call you" and we all laughed.

She then goes "ok, now tell me what happened that lead to y'alls divorce because to be honest I havent even read your 3 page sworn summary.....and in a nutshell please, no details!"

So I tried to narrate as much as possible. Then she looks at me and goes..."Alright what the heck, I'll believe you." Then she stamps my documents and gives me a letter stating my conditions had been lifted.

For the next 10-15 minutes the conversation in her office was about her delayed retirement and how she cant wait to get the "heck outta this place!" (lol) She then told my lawyer "tell your dad I said hello." And I was asking my lawyer about the delay in the production of the cards, which he attested to because of the upgrade in equipment. He now turns to the immigration officer and asked her about this delay issue and her response....."Oh there is a delay? They didnt inform us." We laughed at her.

And that was it. My "actual" interview took less than 10 minutes, the rest was spent on side talk.

To God be the glory because it has been a very rough year in my life.

I say just go in with faith and when your marriage is genuine, there is nothing to fear and always remember....you dont have to memorize the truth.

Hope this helps

long way ....

first time here ...here is my story .
came to the US in 1997 .
got married to a us citizen in 2001
got my cond green card in 2002
filed for I 751 in 2004
got seppareted from my wife in 2005
2006 stil no answer from immigration about my i751
2007 no answer yet !!!!
2008 got divorced from my wife .
feb 2008 filed for N400
sep 2008 filed another i751 waiver (divorced)
MAI 2008 got a letter for I751 interview
..I just did the interview ...it was super easy .but no answer yet
after a week ..I got a letter to come and do an interview for my N400 .
THAT IS WHY I CALL MYSLEF MHABOUL it means crazy in my language ...all this BS drove me crazy