Any September filers?

Hi: I saw LUD on my I-485 just week before the interview, but message did not changed.. does it mean good or bad? Any idea.... please inform. thanks

I will assume that this is a good thing because having a ten year marriage, it is possible to have your interview waived. Either way, I am almost certain that you will be successful.:)

I will assume that this is a good thing because having a ten year marriage, it is possible to have your interview waived. Either way, I am almost certain that you will be successful.:)

I agree with Euly29. You shouldn't even have any interview as long as your docs are complete. 10 years and 7 year old son already show that your marriage is not fake.

My father's case is still pending without any update. It has been a month since my mother's case got approved. We went to infopass today. Here is what the officer said:
we are waiting for the result of biometric and background check. And she said by biometric she was not talking about fingerprint. I am a little confused. What else for biometric, besides fingerprint?

I did not apply Advanced Parole at the time filing I-485. If we apply now, do we need to pay the application fee? I had the impression that the fee for I-485 already includes these fees. But since now I file separately, should I pay?

Also with Advanced Parole, how long can the trip last? can it be six months?

Thanks for your help. We were very depressed after the infopass.

My wife called USCIS just now and they said that a decision has been made on your case and they will mail the correspondence about the decision to us within next 2-3 weeks. When she asked about what the decision was, the officer said that she is not at liberty to tell the decision over the phone. My wife then asked if any more documentation is required (after reading xeddy's post) and she said that the application does not show any such requirement so she doubt's if any is required. Then we asked that since we are traveling in 3 weeks, what if the decision does not make it on time? She said 2-3 weeks are the latest you should get it. Hopefully you should get it by the end of next week. We asked if the correspondence has been sent out and she said not as yet.

So, my question is, can they deny the application right away without asking for more documentation? We have known each other for 4 years, I have been married for exactly 1 year 6 months and we have a 6 month old son together. The interviewer asked us the question if our son was together and we said yes. He also said sometime later that your case is straight forward and when I asked a need for 2nd interview -- he said that not likely unless he stumbles on something.

So, our only hope is that it is a good news and we can travel without worry as we have been waiting for this trip since last 3 years.

Good luck for those going to interview soon and F1 spouses -- do carry your degree/transcripts. Don't leave any document you have behind.

Omorpheus, that sounds like good news.
Did you try checking your case status on the uscis website again?
My 485 became available online after my interview. Maybe yours did too.

My father's case is still pending without any update. It has been a month since my mother's case got approved. We went to infopass today. Here is what the officer said:
we are waiting for the result of biometric and background check. And she said by biometric she was not talking about fingerprint. I am a little confused. What else for biometric, besides fingerprint?

I did not apply Advanced Parole at the time filing I-485. If we apply now, do we need to pay the application fee? I had the impression that the fee for I-485 already includes these fees. But since now I file separately, should I pay?

Also with Advanced Parole, how long can the trip last? can it be six months?

Thanks for your help. We were very depressed after the infopass.

Sorry it hear about your dad's background check. From what I read in forums, most of background checks are cleared within 80-90 days or 120 days. So, you may be right at the boundary of 80-90 days. It can come any day.

Regarding I-131 aka AP, you can electronically file it as your underlying 485 application is pending. I don't think you need to pay anything as you filed your case after July 30 with new fee. But you are required to send photocopy of the received notices and any supporting document for the I-131. It takes between 8 - 11 weeks to get the AP in hand.

Even though AP does not say anything, I won't advise 6 month trips. Anything of 5 month or less should be fine but better check with some lawyer or some forum before you go out for that long. The only reason of my saying 5 months is that anything close to 180 days raises a flag in port of entry officer's mind and can harm things.

Good luck !!!

Omorpheus, that sounds like good news.
Did you try checking your case status on the uscis website again?
My 485 became available online after my interview. Maybe yours did too.

When did you first see the status? Was it the same day - i.e. 9th Jan or next day? I am religiously checking the status daily couple of times but no luck. Did your I-130 application also appear online the same time?

All we can do now is wait .... :confused:

I wish, but I have Interview after 1 week... I would hear or see something if the interview were waived; I guess it was just an update with name check clearence, I hope... :D

I am filling I-131 form and for those who have filled it before, could you please give me some advice?

1. Part 3, Date of intended departure and expected length of trip: do I need to put some fixed date? usually how long for the trip?

2. Part 7, On a separate sheet of paper, please explain how you qualify for an advance parole document and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole: what should I write here? Any sample texts?

Thanks.

BTW, what is your DO?

My DO is San Francisco.

I have always taken 12 units, never been reinstated or anything like that.

I see that pandaexpress here mentions that his passport was stamped. What does that mean? What about us who gave the interview and were asked to provide documentation or wait for decision? Will they ask for our passports?

I remember that the interviewer took my I-94 (Arrival/Departure record). Is that normal?

I am filling I-131 form and for those who have filled it before, could you please give me some advice?

1. Part 3, Date of intended departure and expected length of trip: do I need to put some fixed date? usually how long for the trip?

Put some date which is tentative but not fixed. I put a date 11 weeks after the day I was signing that.

2. Part 7, On a separate sheet of paper, please explain how you qualify for an advance parole document and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole: what should I write here? Any sample texts?

Thanks.

Put because of underlying I-485 application -- this is why you qualify and to meet family or attend some function or visiting home country are the circumstances which warrant your AP.

Good luck ..

My DO is San Francisco.

I have always taken 12 units, never been reinstated or anything like that.

I see that pandaexpress here mentions that his passport was stamped. What does that mean? What about us who gave the interview and were asked to provide documentation or wait for decision? Will they ask for our passports?

I remember that the interviewer took my I-94 (Arrival/Departure record). Is that normal?

Yes, they took our I-94 too. The officer said that if you are traveling and haven't received your physical GC but have got welcome letter, you can take INFOPASS to get your passport stamped. But if you don't have an itinerary, you may not get the stamp on your passport.

When did you first see the status? Was it the same day - i.e. 9th Jan or next day? I am religiously checking the status daily couple of times but no luck. Did your I-130 application also appear online the same time?

All we can do now is wait .... :confused:

it wasn't same day. came online the day after the interview.

My I-130 was approved on 01/11/08. I haven't seen anyone really give much importance to I-130 status in this thread. Does it matter? Does approval mean anything?

My I-130 was approved on 01/11/08. I haven't seen anyone really give much importance to I-130 status in this thread. Does it matter? Does approval mean anything?

As far as I know, the I 130 approval has to be approved before the I485 is approved. I bet a decision will be made on the I485 in the another day or two unless they need more info to approve the I485.

Hope this helps.

Congrats xeddy. Hope your 485 approval comes soon.

Were you able to check the status of your I-130 before your interview or it just came online after your interview?

Hello Guys,
First of all I should congrates every one who have successfully gone in the process of getting interview done. And also All the best to the rest of people who are in thier way for interviews. Today we had my wifes GC interview. Let me explain clearly what happened

We went to the office 15 mins before the appointment and they called 30 mins after the appointment time. The guy is old looks like he is in his 50's. But he is so nice. He just asked us to sware that the details we have provided are true enough and then he gone through our application and asked each of us if they were correct or not. He also asked whether we exchanged the dowry and we said no. and later he asked about her travel information like did she came to this country before the last visit. and som question to me like did I applied any other petition other than for my wife. After this he said I am Approving your application.
"Thank God, Ours is approved".
After he closed the file he asked wether do we have any thing to show him as the proof of our marriage we gave some selected photos. He had gone through our photos, We have also brought our wedding card which he liked it very much.
Later we were chatting for some time ingeneral about the marriages in india. After that he was telling about a couples how had interview before us with the same guy. He finally found that thier relation is fraud as her answers are not matching with her husband's answers. When he asked about thier marriage date she mentioned as 6 months ago and the records shows as 2 years back and the guys answer is also same as mentioned in the app. And when the interviewer asked where do you live she opened her bag and looked at a paper and told the appartment number which is again wrong. There is a lawyer with that couple. Finally he told I am not going to approve yours as it is fraud. If you accept your self and explain me the reason I will not report to the INS. Then she mentioned that the guy is paing her $300 every month for sponsoring the GC as she is Citizen and the guy is from some other country.
The interviewer was telling with us that they have not done thier home work and the lawyer sitting with them have not trained them any thing.

Any way ours is approved Really thanks to every one in this forum who have standed behind me and supported in the whole process.
After every thing done I asked him about the name check wether her name check is approved. Then he said as her name check is done thats why I am approving her application.
I have a question. He mentioned he is approving and we should get GC in 10 to 15 days. but I don't see any stamp on her passport and also he taken her I-94 paper. Is it normal?
Don't we need to get any stamp?
Thanks

Guys,
finally we got the physical green cards in mail for my parents on 9th of this month.

I have a questions.
-my parents still have AP and EAD with them.Do we need to return them what should we doo. ???

thanks/kashf

xeddy, u took full credits of the course, you shouldn't have to worry.
moropheus, good to know yr 1-130 is approved, yr I-485 should be approved soon as they don't ask for further document.

Congrats tvklovesu & Sharon got approved of GC!!

My DO give mes the interview date on the edgy sixth month timeline....Patience Patience Patience :)

Were you able to check the status of your I-130 before your interview or it just came online after your interview?

No, it was visible 2 days after the interview. I have also mailed in the documents they asked for.... waiting for the EAD now...