Applied for Citizenship

LolaLi

Hi all,

As promised, I wanted to share with you that I have applied for citizenship on 8/17. USPS has already notified me (via email) that my package was delivered to the service center today (8/20).

Now I know there is a backlog of applications due to the surge in N-400 applications because of the price increase. So, I am anticipating a 4 week delay (at the very least) before I get my receipt and fingerprint notice.

In either case, I am more than happy to share my time line with you all.

Regards -

hi lolali I need to ask you question I like to know when I can aply for my citizenship I receivd my gc 2005 and backdated 8 2004 please rspond thaks

If I am not wrong, GC was approved in Nov 2003 and backdated one year which would be Nov 2002.

That is absolutely correct mesbahul. Back in the days, we didn't have the speed generated by the biometrics system. After the approvals, individuals got a temp greencard on an I-94 card and were manually processed for the plastic card. We waited on average 6 months to get the actual card.

Its great to see improvement in this area, as I remember the general public not understanding or acknowledging the temp greencard. :)

hi lolali I need to ask you question I like to know when I can aply for my citizenship I receivd my gc 2005 and backdated 8 2004 please rspond thaks

Hi tunadane -

You are eligible roughly 4 years and 9 months from the backdated date. Look at the line that reads "Resident Since" on the actual greencard and subtract 90 days. This is when you would be eligible to apply for citizenship.

Hope this helps.

Hi all,

As promised, I wanted to share with you that I have applied for citizenship on 8/17. USPS has already notified me (via email) that my package was delivered to the service center today (8/20).

Now I know there is a backlog of applications due to the surge in N-400 applications because of the price increase. So, I am anticipating a 4 week delay (at the very least) before I get my receipt and fingerprint notice.

Regards -

Hey LolaLi! buddy good to see you come back. Hope you get your very soon. Let us know of any development. By the way did you ever renew your NP or traveled back to home countr?

Hey LolaLi! buddy good to see you come back. Hope you get your very soon. Let us know of any development. By the way did you ever renew your NP or traveled back to home countr?

Its great to see you Lazer. Long time no speak!

As far as my application goes: I haven't renewed or used my NP - in fact I don't have a NP, I haven't been to my home country (neither do I have the desire to), and I haven't had any arrests/citations/violations. So, thank God, I only needed the basic evidence to support my application (which are: the check, front/back copy of the GC, and two photos).

I'll be sure to revisit this thread with updates on receipt, fingerprinting, interview, and oath (I can't wait!).

Hi all,

Regards -

LoLaLi,
Congratulations and good luck!:D I'm pretty sure that everything will go smooth, since you haven't renewed a NP and haven't visited your COP, and defenetly share your experience, please. :)

Lolali,
It is cool, at least I can use your experience in about two months. I can not wait for the time to apply and I hope your application will go fast. Good luck.

I also have applied for citizenship in 5/31/07.
GC through aylum, travelled to COP in 2004 for emergency reasons, renewed NP, no problems when came back.
FP completed 6/23, waiting for IL
Wish me Good Luck!

I also have applied for citizenship in 5/31/07.
GC through aylum, travelled to COP in 2004 for emergency reasons, renewed NP, no problems when came back.
FP completed 6/23, waiting for IL
Wish me Good Luck!

Wish you best luck Axs !

LolaLI,
My service center is NSC, and local DO is Detroit.
I am still waiting for the IL:confused:

Lolali,
I don't know if I am missing it but what service center did you apply? My friend just got his in about four months in NewYork.

Lolali,
I don't know if I am missing it but what service center did you apply? My friend just got his in about four months in NewYork.

Hi Nimche -

You didn't miss it -- I guess I didn't mention this! Sorry about that. I applied to the Vermont Service Center (VCS).

So far, my check hasn't been cashed - so I think they are still dealing with the backlogs.

That sucks big time and makes me wonder how long would take me to have my wife here. This stupid situation that we are all dipping in goes no where.
I am happy at least I am going to see my wife in Paris next friday for two week and come back and by october 15th will apply for citizenship.

BTW, did you count 90 days backward off your 5 years calender to figure 4years and 9 months? Did you give in a couple of days extra? Any hints will much appreciated.

Thank you.