Your suggestion Needed!

LSS

Registered Users (C)
I am a PR of Canada. I am now in H-1B status but probably will be out of work soon. If that happens, I will be out of status. My question is:
1) Is it legal for me to stay in USA and apply for another job after I am out of status?
2)Will INS deny my new H-1B application if I find another job?
3)If I get the new H-1B/EAD, do I have to apply for the visa from US consulate in Canada before starting to work?

Thanks

No Title

I am a PR of Canada. I am now in H-1B status but probably will be out of work soon. If that happens, I will be out of status. My question is:
1) Is it legal for me to stay in USA and apply for another job after I am out of status?
 If you think you are going to be out of status search for new job,OUT OF STATUS is Diffrent and ILLEGAL has diffrent meaning
2)Will INS deny my new H-1B application if I find another job?
If everything is OK why the INS will deny you H1B? you can find another employer and can change the job the day your new employer files for H1b to INS no waiting for Reciept from waiting.
3)If I get the new H-1B/EAD, do I have to apply for the visa from US consulate in Canada before starting to work?

You can get only H1B not EAD, this EAD is given after your have cleared LC +140 +I-485 has been filed for you(Final GC card process)
 If you get the New H1B approval you can start work with out getting a Visa stamp in your Passport, if you wish you can REVALIDATE your Visa in US see:www.immihelp.com and search for Revalidation and you can also get your Visa stamped from Canada or Mexico but for that you need an appointment with consulate.

Thank you...

Thank you for your advice. What if I am now applying for a F-1 so that
I can keep the status? I already have a MS degree in CS. What the
chances of INS approving my F-1 application if I try to get an
associate degree in Business( any major beside CS)?