Your Opinion please

vijayrc

Registered Users (C)
Your expert opinion on this is welcome.

Applied AP Sep03, GC got approved 9/17/03..and towards Sep end they send an RFE for AP [Photos]..I have just ignored this.

1]Should I reply back saying that case is approved
2]Just Ignore it
3]Will ignoring just abandon my AP Application after certain days.

What's the best thing to do.
Thanks in advance
VijayRC

I think number one would be a better answer. Just reply them with a copy of your approved GC. You could also give them a call and talk with their tier two employee.

Again congratulation for you approval.
M

How about write a letter saying that you would like to withdraw that application because your I-485 has already been approved.

How about sending them a letter stating how inefficient they are. AP is always linked to a pending AOS application and since the underlying AOS is no longer pending, why would one ask for AP?.....Also tell them they should adjudicate 485 cases rather than sending RFE for AP and waste tax dollars.....:D :D

VijayRC,

I will agree with MrMr - send VSC\BCIS a letter with the approval notice stating that you no longer require the AP.

Also call the BCIS and ask them what you should do in this situation - if the person is unable to tell you then they should be able to transfer you to the Tier 2.

Congratulations.....

RD - Feb 02
FP1 - Mar 02
FP2 - Sep 03
FP3 - Oct 03
RFE BCIS - Oct 22nd 03
RFE sent - Nov 6th 03

Originally posted by vijayrc
Your expert opinion on this is welcome.

Applied AP Sep03, GC got approved 9/17/03..and towards Sep end they send an RFE for AP [Photos]..I have just ignored this.

1]Should I reply back saying that case is approved
2]Just Ignore it
3]Will ignoring just abandon my AP Application after certain days.

What's the best thing to do.
Thanks in advance
VijayRC

I would go with option 1. No harm in sending a letter.

I wouldnt dignify their useless RFE with a response. What are they going to do - reject your AP application?!

If you do decide to write to them you should ask for money and photos back.

Send a letter with a copy of Approval notice.

I would obviously request them to return AP fees.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Technically I don't think they would refund the money, as the fee should be a processing fee...!! But there's no point in putting forth a question on refund[though I don't intend to get that desperately]..!!

But is the officer idiotic, as the A# would give the details of my 485, when on Sep25th this AP processing officer picked up & issued RFE, just didnot bother to check that I am approved!
OR
Is he smart enough, sending RFE, knowing I wouldn't bother to reply the RFE and put a full-stop to this application !?

Hence this late response from me..!
Let me check for other expert's opinion and would do accordingly tomorrow..!! [with a Strong REPLY]

Vijay,
Seeing the stupidity that BCIS officers have, I personally feel that you should send a response to that, indicating of your approval. I think once one receives approval notice and gets passport stamped the processing for the card trrigers of automatically.

Just send a simple letter (along with the RFE copy) saying that your GC is approved and you do not need the AP any more. Tell them that you are withdrawing your AP application.

Briiiirather,
First congrats on your approval. I don't know how I missed yours.
But what's the point in replying your AP RFE when your GC has already been approved. May be send them a reminder, that they have already approved your GC and there's no need for AP
Morons :mad:

Bro,
All these days, these guys had the "say"...
So just thought would send a strong reply, [nothing offensive, but clearing things...to make them realize :)]
with nothing to lose...!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
vijayrc, just be nice to them, we are at the suffers end. Why don't you go to the local USCIS and tell them what happened, cause you went there for ur stamping just a thought.