Your Experiences In India when using Advance Parole?

ms_asif

Registered Users (C)
I'd like to know if any of you faced any problems when leaving India using AP. I'm sure not many immigration officers in India are aware of AP as a proper reentry document. And even if they do know, I feel that they are sadists who are looking out to make money off of you, to mentally torture you or to impose their position on you.

Everyone knows about AP. Don't worry about it. Enjoy your vacation.

ms_asif said:
I'd like to know if any of you faced any problems when leaving India using AP. I'm sure not many immigration officers in India are aware of AP as a proper reentry document. And even if they do know, I feel that they are sadists who are looking out to make money off of you, to mentally torture you or to impose their position on you.

Take care of Date...US dates are MM/DD/YYYY..India use DD/MM/YYYY

Sharing my experience regarding AP expiry date while returning to USA at POE at Bombay:

India Immigration officers are NOT saddist to extract money out of you...But, I did face slight problem on AP date...My/my families AP Expiry date was 12/8/2005 and we were coming back to USA on Aug 15, 2005.

Immigration officer told me that my/my families AP is expired on Aug 12 & I cant travel.

Then, I have to tell him that my AP is expiring on Dec 8, 2005 (AP expiry date 12/8/2005) and NOT on Aug 12, 2005 because USA dates are in the MM/DD/YYYY format. He did not listen & called his Boss/Supervisor. His Boss also told me that our AP was expired on Aug 12, 2005. Then I tried to convince his Boss that USA dates are MM/DD/YYYY and my AP is expiring on Dec 8, 2005 and NOT on Aug 12, 2005...But, Immigration officer & his Boss kept on arguing with me that my AP is expired & we cant Travel.

But, all of a sudden near by immigration officer intervened & came to our rescue & he told his Colleague and his Boss that what I was telling was right and my AP is valid upto Dec 8, 2005. Then he allowed us & stamped our passports. We all family members were in "tight position" for 5-10 minutes but my arguments were valid & was nothing but truth!

So, take care of this AP "Date" issue/problem and you wont be in trouble at all!!!

Good Luck...

ms_asif said:

Dates

malia said:
Sharing my experience regarding AP expiry date while returning to USA at POE at Bombay:

India Immigration officers are NOT saddist to extract money out of you...But, I did face slight problem on AP date...My/my families AP Expiry date was 12/8/2005 and we were coming back to USA on Aug 15, 2005.

Immigration officer told me that my/my families AP is expired on Aug 12 & I cant travel.

Then, I have to tell him that my AP is expiring on Dec 8, 2005 (AP expiry date 12/8/2005) and NOT on Aug 12, 2005 because USA dates are in the MM/DD/YYYY format. He did not listen & called his Boss/Supervisor. His Boss also told me that our AP was expired on Aug 12, 2005. Then I tried to convince his Boss that USA dates are MM/DD/YYYY and my AP is expiring on Dec 8, 2005 and NOT on Aug 12, 2005...But, Immigration officer & his Boss kept on arguing with me that my AP is expired & we cant Travel.

But, all of a sudden near by immigration officer intervened & came to our rescue & he told his Colleague and his Boss that what I was telling was right and my AP is valid upto Dec 8, 2005. Then he allowed us & stamped our passports. We all family members were in "tight position" for 5-10 minutes but my arguments were valid & was nothing but truth!

So, take care of this AP "Date" issue/problem and you wont be in trouble at all!!!

Good Luck...

Thanks for sharing your experience. I doubt those immigration officers in India were not aware of the American date system. They would have seen plenty of cases with American style date.

I think they may want to extract some money by just making you panic at that moment. Atleast thats what happened to me when I first aboard the flight to US in Mumbai. But as you said, its safe to have this issue cleared before going to the airport.

VHD999 said:
Thanks for sharing your experience. I doubt those immigration officers in India were not aware of the American date system. They would have seen plenty of cases with American style date.

I think they may want to extract some money by just making you panic at that moment. Atleast thats what happened to me when I first aboard the flight to US in Mumbai. But as you said, its safe to have this issue cleared before going to the airport.
Please stop raising money issue in every post! By saying so unknowlingly u r promoting corruption and defaming not so bad immigration department in INDIA.AP is very well known amg immigration guys in INDIA ...My frisnd came back safely and smoothly thru teh process from Mumbai Airport!

No issue with AP in India

I came from India recently and there was no issue at Hyderabad. The immigration officer / person consulted his colleage when he got some doubt about the AP. but it took a minute for him to confirm and stamp the PP.

Just go and enjoy your vacation.

Please,

Stop making false predictions about corruption in immigration unless you have had first hand experience.

I have passed immigration so many times, I would prefer Indian immigration every single time compared to that of US.

Customs, well is a different issue...