YOU make YOUR own destiny

WellWisher007

Registered Users (C)
YOU make YOUR own destiny: IV 20$ marathon

I AM NOT a IV CORE TEAM MEMBER; I am volunteering on my own:

Please visit the thread below for a 'fund-raising' campaign to help your cause. You can contribute as less as 20$; Please visit the link below:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2630

Also post here after you have contributed so that we could inspire others.

Read the post below. I salute anurakt:
anurakt
Senior Member Join Date: May 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the wee hours of the morning I got up and saw that how people late in the night got this done , what I thought initially to be a distant milestone. For those who are trying to figure out if I have kept my pledge or not. Let me assure you that the $500 from credit card has been transfered into IV's paypal. I don't have the id but one of the core team members can confirm this .....

Thank you so much guys !! But the job is not done yet.... It has become bigger and tougher now to the next milestone..... I have $500 more spend..... and Once again I challenge this whole forum on the second halt..... It is tough but the IVians have proved that they can take up the challenge and proove any tom , dick and harry like me wrong......

For those who haven't contributed yet.... You may be thinking what a nutcase this guy is ...he may have large amount of extra money or may be he was drunk while pledgng.... No I was in all my senses.... I was like one of you when I joined the forum. Slowly I started reading the stuff and then I came in touch with the people on this forum.... This changed my whole perception and attitude . My respect for the IV and it's work grew. The core team gave me real insight (really deep) into what's happening... These guys are just like us ...they are not from different planets , they are called aliens in this country just like you and me. They have done some wonders which they cannot share at this time. I am sure once our objectives are completed they will share all the stories and fun they had.

This is a very very vital and significant time..... 2007 is the year of happening. We must support the people leading us by contributing generously on what we think is appropriate. Add members .... join the local chapters .

I saw lot of energy being wasted in filing i-485 filing in anothere thread. SOme of the members suggested a lot of things , I apprecitae that. Buy do you think it's so simple to get this done, it's not a walk in interview , the political community in this country is not people's sentiment ...It's a capital sentiment. It's the businesses which are hand in glove with the DC people. They have money and workers. What do we have ? 7000 so called members and only max 200 making donations..... Guys isn't it funny ..... But what this businesses lack is he sheer persisitance we have shown in last 5 days... they lack the ultimate strength of a grass root organization.....

So guys get up , take a momnet ....pledge to yourself that I will help IV in whatever form it is......... be it money, adding member or meeting the lawmakes.....

Three cheers to the IVians who got us to half way mark and made me do the transaction first thing in the morning.(I am still feeling sleepy)..... Hip Hip Hurray !! Let's get those last 50% before 31st and go into new year with a stong hope and show them that 1 +1 is not = 2 but it's is equal to 11...

Just count how much we can make with 1+1+1+1+1+.......= anyone guessing !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
WellWisher007 said:

Please visit the thread below for a 'fund-raising' campaign to help your cause. You can contribute as less as 20$; Please visit the link below:

anurakt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the wee hours of the morning I got up and saw that how people late in the night got this done , what I thought initially to be a distant milestone. For those who are trying to figure out if I have kept my pledge or not. Let me assure you that the $500 from credit card has been transfered into IV's paypal. I don't have the id but one of the core team members can confirm this .....

Thank you so much guys !! But the job is not done yet.... It has become bigger and tougher now to the next milestone..... I have $500 more spend..... and Once again I challenge this whole forum on the second halt..... It is tough but the IVians have proved that they can take up the challenge and proove any tom , dick and harry like me wrong......

For those who haven't contributed yet.... You may be thinking what a nutcase this guy is ...he may have large amount of extra money or may be he was drunk while pledgng.... No I was in all my senses.... I was like one of you when I joined the forum. Slowly I started reading the stuff and then I came in touch with the people on this forum.... This changed my whole perception and attitude . My respect for the IV and it's work grew. The core team gave me real insight (really deep) into what's happening... These guys are just like us ...they are not from different planets , they are called aliens in this country just like you and me. They have done some wonders which they cannot share at this time. I am sure once our objectives are completed they will share all the stories and fun they had.

This is a very very vital and significant time..... 2007 is the year of happening. We must support the people leading us by contributing generously on what we think is appropriate. Add members .... join the local chapters .

I saw lot of energy being wasted in filing i-485 filing in anothere thread. SOme of the members suggested a lot of things , I apprecitae that. Buy do you think it's so simple to get this done, it's not a walk in interview , the political community in this country is not people's sentiment ...It's a capital sentiment. It's the businesses which are hand in glove with the DC people. They have money and workers. What do we have ? 7000 so called members and only max 200 making donations..... Guys isn't it funny ..... But what this businesses lack is he sheer persisitance we have shown in last 5 days... they lack the ultimate strength of a grass root organization.....

So guys get up , take a momnet ....pledge to yourself that I will help IV in whatever form it is......... be it money, adding member or meeting the lawmakes.....

Three cheers to the IVians who got us to half way mark and made me do the transaction first thing in the morning.(I am still feeling sleepy)..... Hip Hip Hurray !! Let's get those last 50% before 31st and go into new year with a stong hope and show them that 1 +1 is not = 2 but it's is equal to 11...

I am also not an IV core team member. But their dedication and efforts are great. I have been making timely contributions and will continue to do so.

Thanks Chandu; Every bit that you do will help!!!
chanduv23 said:
I am also not an IV core team member. But their dedication and efforts are great. I have been making timely contributions and will continue to do so.

Bump

50 views and not a single contribution - C'mon guys n gals, I think we are better than that:)
WellWisher007 said:
Thanks Chandu; Every bit that you do will help!!!

All or none?

I pledge to give IV $10K if it gets EB relief bill passed. I won't give IV $2 for its new year party if it doesn't. How's that deal?

WellWisher007 said:

anurakt

Thats a good deal. Although, Don't you think that the contribution will be late? What's the point in contributing, if it is not used for getting the SKIL Bill efforts solidified?

It is not a reward that IV is asking. It is asking you to be part of the process to get to the destination.

nyc8300 said:
I pledge to give IV $10K if it gets EB relief bill passed. I won't give IV $2 for its new year party if it doesn't. How's that deal?

I don't want a GC for myself but would be happy to give IV its due if they were able to get an EB relief in the spending bill.
Sort of pays IV if they can pull it off. Will give $2K if they can show they got some discussion on EB relief in the spending bill and the bill got voted out. I just don't know if IV has the pull to raise the stakes of the game. I don't want to waste $2 on a smaller bet; i might as well buy the mega million.

WellWisher007 said:
Thats a good deal. Although, Don't you think that the contribution will be late? What's the point in contributing, if it is not used for getting the SKIL Bill efforts solidified?

It is not a reward that IV is asking. It is asking you to be part of the process to get to the destination.

I agree with nyc. IV is just a waste of time. Save money as much as you can , you never know when you will have to go back .If anything has to happen it will happen as a part of CIR, and that is because of political pressure and President wanting a comprehensive immigration reform, supported by Dems and some Republicans.

So save your breath....and your money.

I don't think IV is a waste of time. I just want them to be able to step it up rather than go through AILA and lawyer lobby who really work for corporations and staffing companies. If they can let's all support them more actively as much as possible.

If they can't even lobby a EB relief either they are being manuevered by AILA or are not efficient enough to lobby anything. It will be a make or break for IV/AILA as to which side of the fence they are on.

I just want to raise the stakes for IV to perform. I am willing to escrow $10k to a lawyer to hold the money for IV contingent on them getting anything done. Probably would have lot of people supporting that. Wellwisher what do you think?

gcbandwagon said:
I agree with nyc. IV is just a waste of time. Save money as much as you can , you never know when you will have to go back .If anything has to happen it will happen as a part of CIR, and that is because of political pressure and President wanting a comprehensive immigration reform, supported by Dems and some Republicans.

So save your breath....and your money.

NYC,

Thanks for your thoughts. As I said, I am not part of the IV core team, so cannot really comment on its strategy. However, I am sure that the core team does brain-storm on various proposed strategies before embarking on one.

I believe, in our own interest, it is best for us to suggest/provide inputs to the IV core team; then leave it on to them to interpret, analyze and execute a certain input - if feasible, justified and viable.

With regards to your comments on "raising the stakes for IV to perform", please note that they are one of us. They have 8hrs/day jobs, like we do. We are not paying them to work for us. We are contributing to a cause. The way I look at it - a 20$ contribution at this time is worth more than a contribution of 10K after the bill has passed.

Thanks.

nyc8300 said:
I don't think IV is a waste of time. I just want them to be able to step it up rather than go through AILA and lawyer lobby who really work for corporations and staffing companies. If they can let's all support them more actively as much as possible.

If they can't even lobby a EB relief either they are being manuevered by AILA or are not efficient enough to lobby anything. It will be a make or break for IV/AILA as to which side of the fence they are on.

I just want to raise the stakes for IV to perform. I am willing to escrow $10k to a lawyer to hold the money for IV contingent on them getting anything done. Probably would have lot of people supporting that. Wellwisher what do you think?

Hi

www.immigrationvoice.com and www.expatsvoice.org are both doing a fantasic job.

More visa's for skilled workers and a compassionate visa along with amendment to the Dream Act/CSPA so ALL children are protected from losing status at 21 years old

Both are good causes but not many people have money to donate and so should not be made to feel pressured into doing so

Agreed that not many people have 20$ to donate. So, no pressure!!! It is a voluntary contribution.

Thanks.

susan ward said:
Hi

www.immigrationvoice.com and www.expatsvoice.org are both doing a fantasic job.

More visa's for skilled workers and a compassionate visa along with amendment to the Dream Act/CSPA so ALL children are protected from losing status at 21 years old

Both are good causes but not many people have money to donate and so should not be made to feel pressured into doing so

nyc8300 said:

This is exactly the retarded and boneheaded thinking that keeps the Immigration movement from making progress.

Money is needed before it happens for lobbying and not after you Idiot!

Thank you gravitation; I made a 20$ and a 50$ contribution last week; Had contributed twice before last week making my total contribution to $220 till date.

gravitation said:
Contributed $100 last week.