Yet another Hurdle for CIR

not bad at all

gravitation said:
The lunatic Senate bill won't pass the House, which will, accidentally, salvage the honest working people, excluding the illegals, from the fate of falling to hell. And the illegals would go on with their slavery, and then to hell. Wonderful denouement:)

Excuses ...

gravitation said:

gravitation,

The House will do everything they can to get out of this one. I am not surpurised by these ridiculous moves.

mummiezed,

Thanks for your sermon about hell. You must be eagerly awaiting the movie "The Omen". This bill will probably die on 06/06/06. I am am sure you have dreams about that already :)

Since you are talking about illegals going to hell, I think everyone who uses products and services produced or processed by illegals should also accompany them because they have sinned. If this also happens on 06/06/06 then the entire population of the US (including you) will go to hell as well. You know what the funny part will be, on the way to hell you will utilize the help of illegals to get there because it will be the cheapest and most efficient way to get to hell :)

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
You can apply for your permanent residency in Hell. Its a point based system based on how many sins you commit and the gravity of your sins. No sponsorship required and there is no quota system. People with desi consulting companies already have prior experience with how Hell is and they will get extra points for this experience.

I put my faith in the visa bulletin advancement. One needs to be totally ignoring what the public opinion is saying about the prospects of the S.2611 amnesty bill to hope this will become law.

I still believe that we should be lobbying, pledging lawmakers to consider a fix to the employment base greencard applicants only.

Let me add:in this case not only I would ask them to fix our issues, but I'd specifically join the bandwagon to protest against the amnesty provisions. That would give me hope our good senators Specter, McCain, etc would realize what they are trying to do is not working.

gravitation said:

I agree with you. When the bill combine both leagals and illeagals it os very difficult to succeed.

So we have to consider the bill that accounts just leagal.

a very simple strategy and it is working, combine legal/illegals bill, it will never pass, illegals does'nt care cuz it won't do any worst to them,

delay the processing for legals and this will drive them out of the country.

America always needs cheap slaves but at this time and economy they don't need Engineers/doctors to compete with them. so nobody cares about legals, playing by rules paying taxes is nothing but BS

Exactly right ...

guldukan said:
a very simple strategy and it is working, combine legal/illegals bill, it will never pass, illegals does'nt care cuz it won't do any worst to them,

delay the processing for legals and this will drive them out of the country.

America always needs cheap slaves but at this time and economy they don't need Engineers/doctors to compete with them. so nobody cares about legals, playing by rules paying taxes is nothing but BS

guldukan,

You are absolutely right. We are to naive to think that lawmakers are interested in solving the problems of legal immigration. As far as they are concerned, there aren't any problems with legal immigration. This is how an average lawmaker and most American citizens feel about us legals.

"So what if legals have to wait for close to 10 years to get their GCs, they are being given the privilege to move towards citizenship and they need to do their time in the system. ."

They wouldn't care if it took us 20 years to get the GC.I do not recall a single immigration bill that exclusively tackled problems related with the legal immigration community. I keep repeating this again and again that the only reason legal provisions are even being considered is because illegal immigration has become a problem (or is being made to seem like a big problem in this election year). Lets not be naive idiots by assuming that the Senate and the House will even consider a bill for legals. As I stated earlier, according to them, what exactly is there to fix? Legals are documented, they are being screened in the Name Check system and all other idiotic security checks, taxes are being collected from them, they are generally hardworking and are willing to work for lower pay. So what if they are being made to wait for 10 years or more. How is that a problem? Infact it is good for America. So a bill to solve our problems is actually detrimental to US interests (that is the popular view). Can you find enough law makers to pass a bill that is perceived as harming US interests? Absolutely not.

Lets please stop harping about legals getting their say and legals pushing for their rights. Nothing is going to happen for us legals. We may get lucky if something happens for illegals. If this bill dies then the provisions for legals die along with it. No one will even mention legal immigration after the failure of this bill. As for the illegals, they are miserable now and will remain in misery in the future. They will not leave, they will continue to be exploited and most US businesses will keep abusing them. The issue will again surface during some other election year ....

All of us need to wake up and face reality .... its best that we stop living in some fairy tale hoping for a happy ending.

regards,

saras

My last take on this:
I still believe that combined with a lobby for the H1B, lawmakers would be willing to at minimum consider a bill to recapture visas or increase them moderately to keep us out of this mess. That is just my opinion though. Let's watch the S.2611 thing and see what happens.

H1 visas ...

marlon2006 said:
My last take on this:
I still believe that combined with a lobby for the H1B, lawmakers would be willing to at minimum consider a bill to recapture visas or increase them moderately to keep us out of this mess. That is just my opinion though. Let's watch the S.2611 thing and see what happens.

marlon2006,

You are right. If lawmakers determine that more H1 visas are needed by big business then there is a good chance that our provisions will sneak in with a bill that tackles H1 visas. I do agree with you on that. Even this scenario proves that legal immigration is at the bottom of the priority list. Lawmakers are concerned about illegals then H1-B workers. We legals only tag along on bills that deal primarily with illegal immigration or H1B visa provisions. No law maker has the will or the true intent of helping our case. Fancy bills are introduced for us legals but all of them die a quick painless death. There are a handful of lawmakers that try to help our cause but they are outnumbered by lawmakers who have a totally passive approach towards our plight.

Either way we look at it, the destiny of legal immigration is tied up with contentious issues such as illegal immigration and the H1B work visa progam. As much as we try, we cannot distance ourselves from either of these "hot button" issues. I had a hard time accepting this fact but having spent over 6 years in this broken system I am convinced of this painful reality.

regards,

saras

Saras, I measure the possibility of seeing our provisions passed by the reaction of immigration reduction groups. I specifically sent an e-mail to a couple of immigration reduction leaders and they answer is that they feel it would be fair passing a provision that would recapture or increase the numbers at a point in which could take us out of this mess. Also, if a moderate/temporary increase in H1B is proposed, I strongly believe that could pass as well. What I see it is is missing so far is moderation.

People don't want to believe and give credits, but if we try to sneak something that goes against the public opinion, it is going to be tough, really tough.

saras76 said:
marlon2006,

You are right. If lawmakers determine that more H1 visas are needed by big business then there is a good chance that our provisions will sneak in with a bill that tackles H1 visas. I do agree with you on that. Even this scenario proves that legal immigration is at the bottom of the priority list. Lawmakers are concerned about illegals then H1-B workers. We legals only tag along on bills that deal primarily with illegal immigration or H1B visa provisions. No law maker has the will or the true intent of helping our case. Fancy bills are introduced for us legals but all of them die a quick painless death. There are a handful of lawmakers that try to help our cause but they are outnumbered by lawmakers who have a totally passive approach towards our plight.

Either way we look at it, the destiny of legal immigration is tied up with contentious issues such as illegal immigration and the H1B work visa progam. As much as we try, we cannot distance ourselves from either of these "hot button" issues. I had a hard time accepting this fact but having spent over 6 years in this broken system I am convinced of this painful reality.

regards,

saras

We need to understand this bill is ONLY for ILLEGAL/UnDocumented immigrants, we are just getting piggy back ride along with them.

if house disapproves SR2611 there is no bill whatsoever. having said that,

if this bill approves I expect hell a lot of deal for leagal immigrants, so far i have paid thousands of dollars in tax,medicare,social security, I expect them to start my citizenship clock per my PD ;).

I know thatz not going to happen and itz not fair, so legals are screwed anyway.

This is an election year.

All congress-people need to be seen as working for Immigration reform.

Republicans can't afford to alienate their conservative base.

So, they'll all talk about how much they want to make US safe and do some immigration reforms.

But they'll not pass CIR or any version of it.

Reps will not sacrifice their jobs for welfare of illegals immigrants.

I don't even blame them that all that much. They need to represent will of people.

CIR, can possibly make any progress after elections 2006 only, not before.

Amen.

Gravitation, you hit the nail. Let's see what will happen to the House of representatives ?

After the elections, it is just a matter of following what will happen to incumbents. If incumbents get kicked out of the office in great numbers, perhaps new senators and house members can pass CIR more easily ? However, if incumbents from the senate get kicked out due to its position pro amnesty and the house is kept, then things may continue stalled for a while. Also, regardless whether democrats will dominate senate or not, there have been few local elections in which supporters of illegal aliens have been voted out. What happens is that Numbersusa exposed the "head" of those. If that trend continues, even after the elections lawmakers may think twice before adopting a pro illegal alien side. Interesting times.

gravitation said:
This is an election year.

All congress-people need to be seen as working for Immigration reform.

Republicans can't afford to alienate their conservative base.

So, they'll all talk about how much they want to make US safe and do some immigration reforms.

But they'll not pass CIR or any version of it.

Reps will not sacrifice their jobs for welfare of illegals immigrants.

I don't even blame that all that much. They need to represent will of people.

CIR, can possibly make any progress after elections 2006 only, not before.

Amen.

Abill that accounts just legals will never pass. Hence as I see it, this bill is our only hope. We just get piggy backed with illegals and gain or get nothing..

baby_mde said:
I agree with you. When the bill combine both leagals and illeagals it os very difficult to succeed.

So we have to consider the bill that accounts just leagal.

don't worry about it, there will be a bill and sooner than you think. the election issue is just smoke screen. we are talking about very few seats that are in play. most of the primaries are over and by june 27 even more will be done. so conservatives will vote for democrats? i think not. if 2008 is mccain hillary and mccain/kennedy passes, mccain will win the conservative vote.

and yes krisha, you guys are with us. like it or not, we are on the same boat. after they are done with us, they will go after you. after that hb1 expires after six years, the same enforcement that gets illegals will be coming after you. lou dobbs has never been happy with you guys. you guys make like 13% of what americans make according to cis, so you guys are an issue too. when they try to raise visas, they scream bloody murder. just try to have your spouse or child work and see what they say.

i have no problem giving legals immigrants what illegals will get. it makes no sense that a person that came two years will have more options than a person that has been here for six. and we might as well just bring all in. there were people who were legal back in 1981, became illegal in 1983 and hence were out of the 1986 amnesty (one needed to be illegal for five years). many are still waiting.

If we may shift the debate a little:
People will smash McCain arguing that he was the one pushing for Amnesty. It would be hard for him make it in 2008. If the trend below continues...

May 31, 2006

SAN DIEGO --U.S. Sen. John McCain on Tuesday canceled an appearance for a Republican congressional candidate who has attacked his opponent for supporting McCain's immigration bill.

Boston.com
Sign up for: Globe Headlines e-mail | Breaking News Alerts McCain, R-Ariz., was scheduled to speak Wednesday at a breakfast fundraiser for Brian Bilbray, who is in a close runoff race with Democrat Francine Busby to fill the seat left vacant by disgraced former Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham.

Cunningham was sentenced in March to more than eight years in prison for accepting bribes. The winner of the June 6 special election will fill the remaining seven months left in Cunningham's term.

Bilbray, a former congressman who worked as a lobbyist for an anti-immigration group, has repeatedly attacked Busby for supporting the immigration bill passed last week in the Senate. McCain was a principal architect of the bill.

In an e-mail sent to the Bilbray campaign, McCain spokesman Craig Goldman acknowledged that McCain and Bilbray "disagree on some of the issues related to immigration reform."
"

TheInquisitor said:
don't worry about it, there will be a bill and sooner than you think. the election issue is just smoke screen. we are talking about very few seats that are in play. most of the primaries are over and by june 27 even more will be done. so conservatives will vote for democrats? i think not. if 2008 is mccain hillary and mccain/kennedy passes, mccain will win the conservative vote.

and yes krisha, you guys are with us. like it or not, we are on the same boat. after they are done with us, they will go after you. after that hb1 expires after six years, the same enforcement that gets illegals will be coming after you. lou dobbs has never been happy with you guys. you guys make like 13% of what americans make according to cis, so you guys are an issue too. when they try to raise visas, they scream bloody murder. just try to have your spouse or child work and see what they say.

i have no problem giving legals immigrants what illegals will get. it makes no sense that a person that came two years will have more options than a person that has been here for six. and we might as well just bring all in. there were people who were legal back in 1981, became illegal in 1983 and hence were out of the 1986 amnesty (one needed to be illegal for five years). many are still waiting.

TheInquisitor said:
it makes no sense that a person that came two years will have more options than a person that has been here for six.

There is a big difference buddy. The difference between a person following the law and law-breaker. If illegals want to get all the immigration benefits, why don't they want to come into the country legally?
Don't tell me that they can't. The best answer would be that they simply don't want to take a legal way, because it's more difficult than to jump over the fence.

Look, I'm not against illegals. However, I strongly oppose to the idea, that law-breakers may get a privelege.

anyway, wa si clear that i was in favor of giving you guys a green card for good if you guys earn it? i hope i was.

and don't lecture me. this "do it legally" thing is getting old. go ahead, join tancredo and come after us. then tancredo will attack you and that will be the end of you. you know so little about the situation. it is sad. indeed. extremely sad. :(

Hell, I like it!!!

TheInquisitor said:
this "do it legally" thing is getting old.

Tell me why you are still working, huh? Go and rob a bank (in your native country, please) if a "legal way" is "getting old" for you.

Bud, you broke the law once having jumped over the fence/overstayed your visa. You've been broking the law all this time, because you don't shit care about this country law at all. You have no respect for this country and now you think this country must respect you and give you citizenship? Are you crazy?

TheInquisitor said:
go ahead, join tancredo and come after us. then tancredo will attack you and that will be the end of you. you know so little about the situation. it is sad. indeed. extremely sad. :(

Again, personally I'm not against illegals. However I don't like the idea, that breaking the law is the better way to achieve a goal. Did I make it clear enough?

I don't like Tancredo, Byrd & Co stance. I will never support any of them. However, you have to admit, that Specter doesn't shit care about any illegal. His aim is latino voters. And the way he has picked is not fair. Actually it's shameful, but it's up to him.

The situation is really sad. I have a serious doubt that the bill will pass through the House at all. And the only reason is the amnesty, which this bill is all about.