Yates new memo regarding 7th year extension.

meg_z

Registered Users (C)
According to my lawyer, Mr. Yates new memo in May 05 again allows applying extension before LC reaching 365 days as long as the starting date is after LC pending for 365 days. Then she said there will be always a risk as the person reviewing the application may be not up-to-date with the new memo and may deny the application. Has anybody taken advantage of this and applied for extension? Thanks.

meg_z said:
According to my lawyer, Mr. Yates new memo in May 05 again allows applying extension before LC reaching 365 days as long as the starting date is after LC pending for 365 days. Then she said there will be always a risk as the person reviewing the application may be not up-to-date with the new memo and may deny the application. Has anybody taken advantage of this and applied for extension? Thanks.

Since this memo is not yet passed I bet no one might have used this rule.But you never know.Hope this helps

Thanks, WashingtaonLC

What do you mean by "the memo not passed"? I understand that a memo is not law, is just an interpretion of the law. Thanks.

itsmeagain said:
Can any one give further clarificatons/ details abt this memo/way ???

Thanks

Do you need clarification on clarification (explained) memo???

Now, you know why attorney charges so much for filing papers, they understand faster than us, because they trained that way.

Read 3 times, beleive me , you will start understanding the contents clearly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Applied 30 days before 365days and got it approved.(Applied 10days after this memo was released)

meg_z said:

7th YR h1 ext applied days before 365days and got it approved.

Wanted to know if any new 7th year extension which was applied days before 365days of Labor and has got it approved. Refering to the Yates new MEMO.

Thanks