YATES 5/12/2005 MEMO: 7th year extension with a new employer

sb41

Registered Users (C)
I am trying to understand the memo released by Mr Yates from USCIS. My labor certification has been pending for last 3 years with an employer A. I complete my 6 six years on March 15, 2006. Can I file for 7th year extension with a new employer B?
1) My concern is what will happen if I need to file for 8th year extension? How soon will employer B need to file for PERM application so that I can get my 8th year extension?

2) Should the job profile between employer A and B be similar to file for 7th year extension?

sb41 said:
I am trying to understand the memo released by Mr Yates from USCIS. My labor certification has been pending for last 3 years with an employer A. I complete my 6 six years on March 15, 2006. Can I file for 7th year extension with a new employer B?
1) My concern is what will happen if I need to file for 8th year extension? How soon will employer B need to file for PERM application so that I can get my 8th year extension?

2) Should the job profile between employer A and B be similar to file for 7th year extension?