Wrong Validity Date on I-551 stamp

adgwlgc

Registered Users (C)
All

Today we went for I-551 stamping in Dallas, TX. things went fine.

But in my passport, by mistake they entered 03/03/05, instead of 03/03/06 for the validaity of that temporary stamp of Permanent Resident . This date is hand written (so a human error).

Plastic Card may take 1-2 months. What are my option , should I go back and get it correct. ?

Please advise.

Thanks

As such there is no guarantee with the card's timing. And if (and I hope not) there is an error with that you will have to file I90 and wait. Maybe better to go and get it rectified as you cannot travel on that stamp.

Rgds,

Yeppo

adgwlgc said:
All

Today we went for I-551 stamping in Dallas, TX. things went fine.

But in my passport, by mistake they entered 03/03/05, instead of 03/03/06 for the validaity of that temporary stamp of Permanent Resident . This date is hand written (so a human error).
---take infopass and get the stamp date corrected
Plastic Card may take 1-2 months. What are my option , should I go back and get it correct. ?

Please advise.

Thanks

Thanks !! But If I don't have any plan to travel...its still required?

Ginnu / yeppo

Even if I don't have any plan to travel...its still advisable to go again and get it correct. Does this temporary stamp reveal your status in the country ( I Understabd this is the only proof as of today), but once i will get the plastic car, does this wrong date will have effect on my status in future or anything like that.

Thanks for your time

adgwlgc said:
Ginnu / yeppo

Even if I don't have any plan to travel...its still advisable to go again and get it correct.
---YES get it corrected, you dont know if they send the same info with wrong date for card production, they will correct it and veryfy that the info sent for Card is correct
Does this temporary stamp reveal your status in the country
--YES
( I Understabd this is the only proof as of today), but once i will get the plastic car, does this wrong date will have effect on my status in future or anything like that.
----- You need to visit local office so that you dont get Card with incorrect info, when you go for correction ask the officer if the Card will have correct info
Thanks for your time

I had a similar experience, got stamped but the wrong A number was wrtitten in my passport, I got stamped in Atlanta but was traveling a lot for work to Boston. I took an infopass appointment in Boston and took my chances, they made me wait like 2 hours after my appointment but they stamped again with all the corrected information. They didnt even make a big deal out of it, checked my information on the computer and stamped, took 5 minutes.

hope yours goes well

Its Done

I went again to Dallas, TX . That guy looked at it and verified with previous immigration officer (who mentioned the wrong date, I told him about the previous window). He Just over-write it and put his intiall. thats it.

I did asked him, Is over-writing Ok ? OR you want to cancel this stamp and put a new one. He said don't worry, you are fine.

I think we worried too much some time.

Thanks anyway

Hi same thing happened with my daughter, CPB put on the stamp Nov 17,2021 and supposed to be NoV 17, 2022. She hasn't received her GC yet, and we are travelling out of the country on February. Does anyone know if that stamp would be a problem for her coming back to US? Or they wouldn't mind it because it was their fault? Thank you in advance!

Hi same thing happened with my daughter, CPB put on the stamp Nov 17,2021 and supposed to be NoV 17, 2022. She hasn't received her GC yet, and we are travelling out of the country on February. Does anyone know if that stamp would be a problem for her coming back to US? Or they wouldn't mind it because it was their fault? Thank you in advance!
What "stamp" are you talking about? So-called "I-551" stamps are issued by USCIS at a USCIS office, not CBP. At entry, CBP would put an "entry stamp", and if she entered on Nov 17, 2021, then an entry stamp of Nov 17, 2021 is correct.

If she entered on her immigrant visa for the first time on Nov 17, 2021, with an entry stamp of Nov 17, 2021, the immigrant visa automatically turns into a proof of permanent residency (I-551) valid until Nov 17, 2022 (based on the language on the immigrant visa which says "upon endorsement serves as I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year"). She does not need any separate "stamp" with a date of Nov 17, 2022 on it.