Wrong Priority Date on I-797C. What to do?

#1
Hi,

I have received my I-140 approval notice (I-797C) in Jan 2005.

As per labor certifaction, my priority date is Feb, 22, 2002 but on the I-140 approval notice, I have the wrong priority date of Feb 22, 2004. This date printed is wrong by two years. I have following qestion:

Will this wrong priority date on I-140 effect the approval time taken for I-485?

Do we need to get this corrected?

My attorney is not very active so is there any contact number or fax number which I can directly use to get this information corrected?

I would really appreaciate, if any can provide me any information on this.

Regards

~Sanjeev
 

abcd123_123_3

Registered Users (C)
#2
same thing happened to me...The PD on my approved 140 from TSC is dated as the receipt date of my 140. The 485 is accepted though. In my case, we requested a old PD where I have approved LC and 140 from my previous company.
 

cr52401

Registered Users (C)
#3
:rolleyes:
syamdagni said:
Hi,

I have received my I-140 approval notice (I-797C) in Jan 2005.

As per labor certifaction, my priority date is Feb, 22, 2002 but on the I-140 approval notice, I have the wrong priority date of Feb 22, 2004. This date printed is wrong by two years. I have following qestion:

Will this wrong priority date on I-140 effect the approval time taken for I-485?

Do we need to get this corrected?

My attorney is not very active so is there any contact number or fax number which I can directly use to get this information corrected? :rolleyes:

I would really appreaciate, if any can provide me any information on this.

Regards

~Sanjeev

I have the same problem. What did you do to this? They made the exact same mistake for two years for me. My lawyer is sending the letter and keep calling the service center. Lets keep update each other. we may can fix it. I know another body has same problem in the forum.
 

peace4u

Registered Users (C)
#4
PD off by 2 months

Hi Folks,
What did you guys do to resolve this. My PD is off by 2 months - interestingly i have a PD that is 2 months earlier ;).. Should I still get it corrected?!.
thanks
 

gcquest32

Registered Users (C)
#5
peace4u said:
Hi Folks,
What did you guys do to resolve this. My PD is off by 2 months - interestingly i have a PD that is 2 months earlier ;).. Should I still get it corrected?!.
thanks
If you ask me, yes get it corrected. It is always better to go with the right date. Say they give the GC and later find out their mistake then they will revoke the GC which is not good. Talk to your lawyer.
 

peace4u

Registered Users (C)
#6
Date change

gcquest32 said:
If you ask me, yes get it corrected. It is always better to go with the right date. Say they give the GC and later find out their mistake then they will revoke the GC which is not good. Talk to your lawyer.
Thanks Giri,
But doing the date change - will it delay my H1 extension or 485 filing TILL I get the new approval notice?.
 

tri_nj

Registered Users (C)
#7
wrong PD dates

Hi,
I am facing this problem of wrong PD. I am worried about my I-485 getting delayed. What should I do in this case? Can u help?:D
 
#8
Hi Guys,

Here is what happened in my case...

I contacted my lawyer and they in turn contacted USCIS and were told to fax all information with a request to correct the PD date. We did send the fax with all documents not once but three times after regular intervals of around 3 months. Lastly, I also sent the same information by registered post but there was no reply or action. I then called the USCIS customer service 800 number and the person told me the same thing to "Fax" the information. When I was a little persistent he suggested me to go to local immigration office. I took the appointment and went there with all documents showing the correct PD. The customer service agent there also said that they cannot help me and we need to fax.. But when I requested he put a cover letter and faxed all the details using his office fax. After about a week I got my approval with correct PD.

The only explanation I can think of is that the faxes we were sending were going to a general number but the fax sent from local immigration office was sent to some other number which drew attention and my date got corrected.

Just wanted to share my experience with all of you who have the same problem... I hope it may be helpful for some of you..

Cheers

~Sanjeev
 
#9
:rolleyes:


I have the same problem. What did you do to this? They made the exact same mistake for two years for me. My lawyer is sending the letter and keep calling the service center. Lets keep update each other. we may can fix it. I know another body has same problem in the forum.
 
Top