Wrong Name under first name and last name section in indian passport, Please Help

akaur

Hi,

I am landed immigrant of canada. I have an issue with my name in my indian passport. I have my full name under my "given name" and nothing in "surname".
Therefore, making it difficult for me to apply for US visitor visa and plus, it also makes me worried and confused when I have to apply for off campus workpermit and other.
And also, In my canadian study permit. My full name is under my "surname" and nothing in my "given name".

Should I apply for new indian passport? And also, If you could please imform me about the procedures of indian embassy in toronto.
Please help.

Thank you.

same problem

Hi,

I am landed immigrant of canada. I have an issue with my name in my indian passport. I have my full name under my "given name" and nothing in "surname".
Therefore, making it difficult for me to apply for US visitor visa and plus, it also makes me worried and confused when I have to apply for off campus workpermit and other.
And also, In my canadian study permit. My full name is under my "surname" and nothing in my "given name".

Should I apply for new indian passport? And also, If you could please imform me about the procedures of indian embassy in toronto.
Please help.

Thank you.

So, was your problem fixed?
I'm having the same problem.