Wrong Information on EAD Card

aneshka

Registered Users (C)
Hi I just got my EAD card 2 days ago and I noticed that they got my sex category wrong and my validity date is only for 3 months. They must have read my husband's i-94 instead of mine since my i-94 is expiring 2009.

Now, I sent my EAD card back to them for correction I included a letter indicating the items to be corrected, the approval notice and other supporting documents.

Am I doing the right thing? I'm afraid that my card will not be sent back to me. I did scan my ead card before sending it back. Have any of you experienced returning you EAD cards for correction of information?

One of my friend had the similar issue - he did the same thing and received a new (corrected) EAD card.

When did you apply for the EAD? I mean, within how many days did you get it after your initial application?

aneshka said:
Hi I just got my EAD card 2 days ago and I noticed that they got my sex category wrong and my validity date is only for 3 months. They must have read my husband's i-94 instead of mine since my i-94 is expiring 2009.

Now, I sent my EAD card back to them for correction I included a letter indicating the items to be corrected, the approval notice and other supporting documents.

Am I doing the right thing? I'm afraid that my card will not be sent back to me. I did scan my ead card before sending it back. Have any of you experienced returning you EAD cards for correction of information?

bigboy00 said:
One of my friend had the similar issue - he did the same thing and received a new (corrected) EAD card.

When did you apply for the EAD? I mean, within how many days did you get it after your initial application?

Hi! Thanks for the prompt reply. I was approved last January 8 (around 58 days from application) and got my EAD card a week after.

How soon did your friend received his corrected card?

How soon did your friend received his corrected card?

Do not know exactly, but he did not complain or mention about any delay - so it seems it was quite prompt.