Wrong date on H1-B......pls. help

gsingh72

Registered Users (C)
I recently filed my H1-B transfer in premium processing at VSC.
I came to USA on 1-28-1998 so 6 yrs shud be expiring on 1-27-2004.

But the I-797 approval notice shows the visa expiry date as 1-18-2004.
What to do to correct this date ? Can my attorney send a letter to VSC for correction in date?

pls guide me..
thanks.

Your attorney can sent a letter to correct it. Did you check the LCA or form I-129? Your lawyer may have asked till that date. This is NOT visa this is H1 extension Approval notice. Visa is stamped in passport by consulates or DOS and that sticker in passport is called VISA

Mine has wrong date too

Both our H-1B and H-4 extension have wrong valid date. The newly approved applications are valid to 10/1/2003. The notice date was 10/15/2003.

My lawyer said she tried to call INS to correct the date, but could not get the error acknowledged. She will file again under premium processing. Is this a way to go? Thanks.

I would not do i t that way. I would make a formal request (in writing) to correct a service error. Refiling is expensive, time consuming, and in my opinion blurs the error.

Thanks, Jim

Good thing that the cost of refilling is not out of my pocket. In your opinion, Jim, should my lawyer file a formal request to correct the error in addition to the refilling? My concern is there will be a gap between my H-1B expiration date on the approval notice and the refilling receipt date. Will it be a problem to my status? Thanks again.

Yes, but review the petition first to make sure that it is not a typographical error on the petition. If the petitition requested a 10/1/2003 expiration date and that is what USCIS gave you then they, arguably, did not make an error. The gap is precisely why I would try to get them to correct the error rather than refiling. If it's an error and they correct it there will be no gap.