Wrong certificates in L1A petition

l1seeker

Registered Users (C)
Last week I received my L1A petition paper, APPROVED by BCIS already. As I was going through the petitioj, I realized that my lawyer had included my wife's degree certificates, instead of mine.
Also in the support letter (from my company) for the petition, he had mentioned that I had wrond degrees (again that of my wife's).

I also noticed that he had mentioned few dates wrong. For example, the previous company that I had joined on H1B, he had used the date of H1 approval, rather than actual joining date (which was about 2 weeks after the approval). I was in the USA from April 1996 till May 2002 (6 years). I was transferred to the Indian office in May 2002 after my 6 years on H1B were completed. I am in the Indian office of the same company for last 18 months and is expected to travel back to USA on L1A.

When I brought this mess-up to the attention of my lawyer, he said that he will correct the papers and send it to me by overnight courier. I was expecting to hear that he will have to file the petition again.

My question is - Is it allowed to simply change few papers/documents in the approved petition? Shouldn't BCIS be informed about it? Won't they have wrong papers in their record? Will this affect me in the future, say if I decide to start the GC?

Thanks for all your help.
RD