Wrong birth place on green card


New Member
Hello All
Ny daughter received her green card but we noticed that they have stated country of birth wrongly. She has passport from Iran but was born in UAE. In GC it stated place of birth Iran.
Now for fixing this issue can I file I 90 ONLINE? Or it has to be filed by mail?
Can I leave it as it is since she is only one year old?


In cases of USCIS error, you should start by calling USCIS customer service, as they may be able to fix the issue without you having to submit a form. This would be much faster than filing an I-90.

The I-90 filing is free in cases of USCIS error but will still take several months and may require another biometrics appointment.