Would TN be affected or terminated under new deal to replace NAFTA?

ABCDSK

Today US and Mexico reached a treat deal bilaterally. Not sure if similar TN articles included in the deal. Also not sure if the prospective Canada-US deal will address and include the similar TN. Any thoughts and insights?

If I apply for TN and got approved next week, the 3-years work authorization will be honored regardless what happens to NAFTA till the end of 3 years approved on TN, or immediately invalid if new tread deal comes into effect to replace NAFTA? I just do not know if the current talks include TN or similar TN, not much information. Any thoughts are welcome. I am planning to apply for TN and quit my current job, in such a circumstance of uncertainty, do I need to move ahead or just stay with my current job? Thanks.

I had the exact same question! My Canadian husband may be applying for TN status in the US very soon (we'd stay living in Canada as we live in a US/Canada Boarder city).

Nervous about the potential changes to NAFTA and how they would affect us.

TN status is provided by legislation, and I don't think it can be affected without new legislation. I believe most of the NAFTA Implementation Act would remain in force without action from Congress, except for the tariff part, even if the US were to withdraw from NAFTA.

well that's only good for Mexicans with TN visa. what about Canadians on TN status if Canada is not a part of NAFTA 2.0?

no one can say with any certainty what will happen to Canadians on TN if Canada is no longer part of NAFTA.
the article above about the US and Mexico deal not affecting TN status, means it is likely Canadian TNs will likely not be affected as well.
A few facts. There are tens of thousands of Canadian and Mexicans in US on TN status. It would be very disruptive to all three economies if TN status would to be removed from NAFTA. Any withdrawal from NAFTA would require six months advance notice. Any changes to NAFTA would have to go through US congress. It is very difficult to get US congress to agree on any changes. Many US congressman/women have very favorable view of trade with Mexico and Canada and their region depends on it. Thus we believe TN status with continue with no changes for the foreseeable future. Worse case would be six month advance notice, existing TN continue to expiry, no new TN being issued. This would be extremely unlikely. If you want to be an immigrant in the US on TN status you have to live with the uncertainty.

"we" is people i have talked to about this issue. people currently on TN status or previously on TN status. it is just a general consensus opinion. no one knows for sure what will happen. why even speculate, but the question was asked.

So, you meant "I". Your belief. Or has 'spokesperson' become a new TN category in these negotiations? Congratulations!

my company has over 4000 US employees, with about 100 on TN, H1B, L1, L2 or OPT.
my sample size is small, but it is more than just my opinion.

Finally some good news

Canada and the US have reportedly agreed to a NAFTA framework

The United States and Canada have reached an agreement on a framework North American Free Trade Agreement deal, Reuters reported Sunday evening, citing a Canadian source.

Following that report from the wire service, the Canadian dollar strengthened to a four-month high against the U.S. dollar, Reuters said

So will TN's requirements be still unchanged?
My TN is going to expire next March, so should I still use the same terminology as I used before?