workpermit

lilys

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

I am working in US in workpermit. I have applied workpermit for Canada. How long does it take to get workpermit in Canada. Is there any website where i can check that? applied in new york

hi Lilys

a friend of mine applied for work permit at Canadian Consulate General, buffalo NY and he got it in about 6-8 weeks.
Good luck

How 2 apply for wk permit?

I applied for Canadian PR and send medicals and other info in Nov 2002 and still waiting for passport request.

My H-1b visa will expire soon and I need apply for Canadian work permit. I desperately need some help.

Can you please let me know how can I apply for the work permit? I'd truly appreciate your help. Thanks a million in advance.

- Sala (San Jose, California) :)

hi Sala

My understanding is that you need job offer in canda in order to apply for work permit. Then you need to fill a work permit application that you can download from:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/work.html

You then need to submit this application to canadian visa office next to you (maybe in LA, CA). You can find more information and guide at the link above. You need to have medicals done too. Once your work permit is approved, you will be issued a Temporay Resident Visa (TRV) too.

Good Luck
Stranger:)

Hi Dhaka101,

Looking at the trend you are about to get your landing paper soon. Did you get medical form for your newly born kid. What is happening to that.

Good luck

APPLYING FOR STUDY PERMIT

Hello
I am in Usa on a h1 visa , i got admission in a canadian university and iam planning to apply for studypermit in usa.
Could some one let me know the procedures of getting a studypermit.
How is the currrent position ?i.e about the studentvisa's,rejections and approvals,questions asked at the time of interview.
It would be great help if some one help me out regarding the study permit.

Did any one apply from usa and got the studypermit?
THANKYOU

No medical form yet for newborn!

Hi Jalma,

I follow the trends but what worries me is there are no acknowledgments of my newborn daughter.

I spoke to consultant Andrew Miller and also read others' postings that they must at least acknowledge the addition of the new family, which they didn't. I faxed them again and again upon Andrew’s advice but as usual no response yet.

Now I don't know when they'd do her medicals and when ask our passports. Another issue is I was asked to do the medical within 60 days and I did it in Nov 2002. I wonder if that will expire also in addition to my H-1b.

Really feeling helpless at this moment. I've an MBA fm US school with 6+ yrs of analyst experience. How can I start looking for job in Canada? Any insight on what are my other options?

- Sala :)

Re: No medical form yet for newborn!

Originally posted by dhaka101
Hi Jalma,

I follow the trends but what worries me is there are no acknowledgments of my newborn daughter.

I spoke to consultant Andrew Miller and also read others' postings that they must at least acknowledge the addition of the new family, which they didn't. I faxed them again and again upon Andrew’s advice but as usual no response yet.

Now I don't know when they'd do her medicals and when ask our passports. Another issue is I was asked to do the medical within 60 days and I did it in Nov 2002. I wonder if that will expire also in addition to my H-1b.

Really feeling helpless at this moment. I've an MBA fm US school with 6+ yrs of analyst experience. How can I start looking for job in Canada? Any insight on what are my other options?

Hi Dhaka101,

I have "mailed as well as faxed" the "new born baby" addition request to my application and I got the response in 2 weeks time.

I have sent the filled-in documents immediately, after couple of weeks we have received medical papers and completed them.

Hope you have mailed them earlier, if not mail them a request again(avoid fax).

Hope this info helps you.

All the best.

Vijay :)

Hi Dhaka101,

I think you also need to send the application fee along with the application form for adding additional form. Did you send that too.

Don't worry your medical will not expire until Nov. 2003. I guess you should get your landing papers within this month.

Best wishes

No medical form yet for newborn!

Hi Vijay, Jalma,

Thank you for your responses.

I sent all the documents needed, even the additional family member form, pictures, copies of birth certificates, copies of passport and $100 (US) but still did not get any response. I faxed the documents in addtion to mailing by DHL and they did recive them.

What Mr. Miller told me that I should have got the acknowledgment for the new born that I still did not. As Vijay mentioned and I read many others posting that, they get the medicals for newborn pretty quickly.

I wonder how will our visa be issued if our daughter's medical is not even done! I sent faxes and letters in the mail to inquire on this and my status but no response as usual. I'm just concerned about the way they handle things and I'm not very confident on this whole process.

Still hoping for a miracle. :)

- Sala

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: CAIPS Notes?

Originally posted by dhaka101
What is CAIPS? How can I get it?

Hi Sala,

Caips is an acronym for 'Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System'.

Check this link and you will find a lot of info/faq and how to get it
and other related info.

http://www.caips.ca/

All the best.

Vijay