WORKING WITH SSN WITHOUT WORK AUTHORIZATION, AND OPT?

Janelee7794

So after completion of my last OPT, I was in language school for about 1.5 year because of personal issues.
I got tired of not working, so I registered for a dog-walking app (Rover app) with my SSN number.
I passed the background check and I did one dog walking (which was worth about $15)
then I realized I shouldn't be doing this, so I did not cash out at all (I was supposed to send the earned money to my account and cash it out),
and deleted the app and never worked then.
This was the only time that I ever used my SSN registered for background check purpose (?)
But now I am back at grad school, I'm worried that this might affect on OPT in the future.

Could this possibly affect my OPT case? Will my SSN show that I illegally registered for work, even though I never got paid?

Thank you.

I'm about to same situation and am so worried. My case is even worse I used a few times and made a few thousands in total. Now, I'll start my masters. Eventually I'll apply for OPT and I'm told that my application will be revoked.
I wouldn't worry if I was you because If you didn't cash out. They technically didn't pay anything, so that they can't pay taxes for that. It seems like you'll have no records on IRS or anything. I believe you'll be fine.
I'm looking for answers for my case...