Working with another company without changing the sponsorship..

paydarh

Registered Users (C)
Hi all
I have an important question which need its answer for my further plans.
Is it possible to work for another company (as a contract) without changing my H1 sponsor ? I want to keep their sponsorship ,because I`m going to apply for US permanent citizenship and I know that they`ll help me a lot for that.
What`s your idea?
Thanx all

You cannot work for another employer without a H1 sponsorship. If you wish to work for another employer you will need that employer to file H1 for you.

If what you want is to work for your current employer and also work for a second employer, you will need to obtain a H1 from the second employer. It is possible to work for two employers at the same time but you must have H1 from both of them. Some suggest that one of the H1 should be for full time while the second one is for part time.

Thanks for your reply, it was helpful.But is it the only way I have?
The truth is my first sponsor could not launch the part of his company which was exactly related to my skills,and it may take more than 1 year to launch.
What`s the best I can do now while I don`t want to miss the first company,because I can count on their help for converting H1 to green card and..
(As I know it`s the company that cause it;correct me if I`m wrong plz)
What about to leave them once and join them again?
Is it possible?
Thanx again

Last edited by a moderator: