Working while waiting for a waiver

guydot

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

This is my case:

* My husband is about to get his green card very soon (I-485 pending, 2 weeks since he submitted a reply for RFE).
* I am on a J-1, subject to the 2 year.
* I am about to start my fellowship on July 1st, and might have a problem getting the statement of need for the continual sponsorship.

My question: since I need a way to work legally on July 1st, is it possible to file I-485 and a J waiver at the same time and get an EAD? Is there any other way that I can start working on July 1?

Thanks!

you cannot file I-485 until you have a waiver or at least a favorable recommendation (in a case of a no-objection waiver).

Hi,

This is my case:

* My husband is about to get his green card very soon (I-485 pending, 2 weeks since he submitted a reply for RFE).
* I am on a J-1, subject to the 2 year.
* I am about to start my fellowship on July 1st, and might have a problem getting the statement of need for the continual sponsorship.

My question: since I need a way to work legally on July 1st, is it possible to file I-485 and a J waiver at the same time and get an EAD? Is there any other way that I can start working on July 1?

Thanks!

You can not and no objection is not an option since you are J medical. And the medical waiver is another story with serving in low served area and many dilemma. The ONLY way right now to work in july is to extend your J through the ECFMG after obtaining the statement of need.

Guys,
I am currenly on a J1 visa. I am doing intrenship with an Agriculture research company. I want to apply for the 2 year waiver on the No objection criteria.
Should i apply through an attorney or is it ok to apply directly?
Besides I dont knw wht to write on the statement where they ask about why the waiver should be granted..

Can anyone please help.

Thanks
Neelesh

Last edited by a moderator: