Working outside US

hwnn

Hello,

I am a Fulbright student in a J-1 Visa with the 2 year home residence restriction. I would like to know what will happen if I decided to go to another country (no my home country) and work there for several years?
- Can I live in that country forever without any legal issue?
- Can I come back to the US as a visitor (is it possible to get a visitor visa)?

Thanks in advance

HWNN

Hello,

I am a Fulbright student in a J-1 Visa with the 2 year home residence restriction. I would like to know what will happen if I decided to go to another country (no my home country) and work there for several years?
- Can I live in that country forever without any legal issue?
- Can I come back to the US as a visitor (is it possible to get a visitor visa)?

Thanks in advance

HWNN

It depends on many factors including your country, the new country you plan to go and any duties you should do toward your country because of that trainng in US.
The 2 year home country should be in your home country and not where else to be eligible for any other J /H or other status which will allow you to work in US
Visitor visa to US, is not a problem but every day you stay in US or other country will not be deducted from your 2 year home requirement.

2year home country is manadatory if there is no waiver or extra ordinary conditions (like working for UNESCO etc) . I am also an ex fulbrighter and from exp i can tell you.
1.decide you want to be a resident here in US or not (If yes work towards getting a waiver) and continue here.
2.If your answer is No for now, go to whichever coutry you would like to go and experience the world beyond this. tomorrow is certainly unpredictable and who knows you may not want to come back at all .

Thanks for your answers :)

I do understand that the 2 Yr HR need to be in my home country, but what if I do not want to be neither in the US nor in my home country,

For example, I decided to live in London, UK (which is not my home country) and I will not be able to help my country from there, is there any restriction or legal issue for doing that?
Can I have the 2yrHR requirement on me FOREVER?
or Do I need to fulfill the 2 yr that before certain time?

Thanks for your help

HWNN

Thanks for your answers :)

I do understand that the 2 Yr HR need to be in my home country, but what if I do not want to be neither in the US nor in my home country,

For example, I decided to live in London, UK (which is not my home country) and I will not be able to help my country from there, is there any restriction or legal issue for doing that?
Can I have the 2yrHR requirement on me FOREVER?
or Do I need to fulfill the 2 yr that before certain time?

Thanks for your help

HWNN

It depends on your country government and the agreement you made with it before your training in US.