Working on EAD, can I apply for employment based GC for myself also?

HamBhiLengeGC

I am currently as a software developer on EAD. I received it, because my spouse has filed for AOS already. I wish to know if I can apply for Employment based GC through me also to go in parallel with my spouse\'s GC? or Do I have to be on H1B for that. Thanks for your response.

U cannot apply for GC for yourself, neither can your close relatives based on

Employment. The only self- GC allowed is for entrepreneurs who can show that they brought in $1 Million into US economy and are employing 10-15 US residents/citizens.

use EAD or H1B?

Hi,

I get my EAD and a job offer from a college. I was told that I could use my EAD for the job, or I could apply for H1B for my job. I wonder which choice is better? Thank you for responding to me.

WHL

No Title

I mean through my employer. Let me rephrase it for clarity ...
Can my employer file for my GC if I joined them on EAD, which I got through the 485 filed by my husband.

same boat

I also get a job offer from a college through EAD based on my husband\'s I485. Can I apply H1b also?

JenLuan Post your previous visa details

with dates, without which any advice will be too general. But generally a derivative on AOS may not be eligible for H1 unless the previous visa was still valid.

F1

I am a student holding F1 visa, and expect to graduate this December. I have got a job offer from a college as a faculty member starting this August. However, as a derivative on AOS, I don\'t know if I can apply H1 myself.

Your 485 based EAD might have superceded F1

Why do you want to get a H1. EAD is the best authorization short of green card which allows you to work. Just keep extending the EAD in advance.
Only a lawyer can tell you whether your F1 is still valid, so that you can do a F1 to h1.

Thanks for your help

My husband is going to change a job soon. I want to apply H1 myself in case we might not get the AOS approval.