Working on EAD and get layed off?????

jackmike

Registered Users (C)
hi !

I have recently moved onto EAD to use AC21. But all of a sudden things seem to be changing at the company and now they are talking about lay offs? What would be my situation if i get layed off. Will i be out of status? How much time will i have before i find my next job?

jackmike said:
hi !

I have recently moved onto EAD to use AC21. But all of a sudden things seem to be changing at the company and now they are talking about lay offs? What would be my situation if i get layed off. Will i be out of status? How much time will i have before i find my next job?

Don't fret, your status is legal since your AOS pending.

jackmike said:
hi !

I recommend you to request a Letter of employment from your Human Resources right now. Send this letter to USCIS so that they won't request it from you in the RFE. Also request an additional letter a day or two before you are actually layed off. This worked for my case.