Working on CPT

pradeepchandu

Hello Sir,

Actually i came to usa in UMHB ,texas.On the very first semester i transfered to university of northern virginia ,in that univ i done 2 semester later i moved to TVU.While transferring to tvu my UNVA people was terminated my sevis because of so many ppl were transferring to tvu .The same thing i informed to tvu guys they said dont worry we will issue a new i20 with new sevis and said go and pay for sevis fee in uscis.org and we will update your status.After i done 1 sem in tvu later i took the cpt in and got job.On that time my employer send a mail to me stating that ,he filed a case on DHS E-Verify because they didnt find the latest i20 on their DB.So i called the DHS team to E-Verify for update my details with new i20 details ,they suggested me to ask univ administration dept to update DB with latest i20.After i called the TVU people and asked them to update their DB with latest i20 which issues the CPT.

Later i contacted the DHS E-Verify team to update my details and i gave my details like case number,First name Last name ,New CPT i20 Sevis number.after a couple of minutes ,the lady who answered my call ,she said that to me u can work legally regarding this info your employer will get a mail to run a payroll on me.

After i heard this issue TVU was shutdown i kept a Medical emergency leave of my grand parents for this 2 weeks.

My question is that what is my status and what are the option do i have?

You may not work on your current I-20. If you are outside the US, you should not try to enter. Consult an attorney; give it a couple of days because things are still shaking out.

just like others you are out of status.......wait and see any updates from USCIS or USA gov on this issue

TVU misguided us by issuing a new I-20. We are out of status from long time. My case is also exact like urs. I applied F2 through an attorney by stating that 'Su' misguided me (cheated me). It's not our fault.