Working from the US through VPN - what gives?

Mahalo

Hello everyone,

I'm a Danish citizen eager to come back to the United States. I have visited the country several times on leisure.

I have family in California which I plan to visit for a good months time later this year. I am able to work from home using VPN which also means I can work anywhere I want to, provided there's an internet connection.

But what would working from the US through VPN mean with regard to choosing the right Visa? And where would I have to pay taxes off of my income? Officially, when working through VPN, it is the exact same as if I was sitting at the office in Copenhagen, Denmark albeit at a remote location.

Do I just choose the typical tourist visa, or must I choose a different one?

I apologize in advance if this thread has been placed in the wrong category, and I hope you will help me to correct this mistake.

Thank you for your time.

In my opinion you should be ok doing this. I assume you will be staying under 90 days on the WVP program? I work for a US firm and I often travel to the UK, Japan, etc on business. While in these countries I work on a daily basis for my US employer by connecting via VPN.

But what would working from the US through VPN mean with regard to choosing the right Visa? And where would I have to pay taxes off of my income? Officially, when working through VPN, it is the exact same as if I was sitting at the office in Copenhagen, Denmark albeit at a remote location.