Working for US company

njdude26

Registered Users (C)
I will be staying in Canada but will be working for the same company in US. Can I still be on the payroll of US company but stay in Canada. My H1 is valid till Feb'08. What will be the address on my pay check ?
Any in similiar situation ? and how does this affect my taxes ?

I will be staying in Canada but will be working for the same company in US. Can I still be on the payroll of US company but stay in Canada.

-- Yes, if your US company agrees.

My H1 is valid till Feb'08.

-- Your H1 status is irrelevant because H1 is required only when you work IN the US.

What will be the address on my pay check ?

-- The one you give to your employer.

and how does this affect my taxes ?

-- It might not affect your taxes. But confirm this with an accountant.

bigboy00 [I said:
My H1 is valid till Feb'08.[/I]

-- Your H1 status is irrelevant because H1 is required only when you work IN the US.

hmm but the company will be US company and I will be on its payroll

What will be the address on my pay check ?

-- The one you give to your employer.

I know but what address to provide. Can I provide a canadian address on this one

Your H1 status is irrelevant because H1 is required only when you work IN the US.

hmm but the company will be US company and I will be on its payroll

-- That's okay..But you do not reside in the US. When US outsources any job to India, the Indian workers do not need any H1, do they? The same thing applies to you..If you work from outside of the US, you do not need any US work visa.

I know but what address to provide. Can I provide a canadian address on this one.

-- Sure, In my opinion, that will be very good. Because it will act as a proof that you are not having any residential ties in the US and therefore are a U.S. non resident for tax purpose.