Work while on J1

joejoejoe

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I want to know that is there any work in USA which I can do while on J1 as I am not financial strong and need money for my living expenses. I am a bit tensed about it.
Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

that depends on which category of J-1 you are going to be on. Since you are a trainee with a private company, that's the company you can work for and only in your position as a trainee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the reply.I am on Trainee speciality in a software company. I have to work for 40 hours a week. But the problem is that the money which I will get is very very less. So I want to work somewhere else also in my free time and want to earn some money for my living.
Please provide me some suggestions regarding this.

Thank you for the reply.I am on Trainee speciality in a software company. I have to work for 40 hours a week. But the problem is that the money which I will get is very very less. So I want to work somewhere else also in my free time and want to earn some money for my living.
Please provide me some suggestions regarding this.

If you work to any one other than your sponsor, this will be status violation and your visa will be terminated immediately. The only way is to work for cash in your free time if you have chance.

Thanks for the reply. Sure, I will look for that kind of job. Do you have any idea that how can I find that as in weekends I am almost free. I am very new to USA and want to know about that.
Awaiting response.