Work Visa to PR from within Canada?

misprasad

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My company has agreed to get me a Work visa to Canada because my GC processing in the USA is delayed. I am on a 7th year extension on my H1B. My question is if I move to canada on a work visa will I be able to apply for PR from within Canada. I will not have a USA Visa , so I cannot come back to Buffalo, or even getting the latest Police Clearances I am not sure. Could someone pl guide me if theres a way I can apply for PR from within Canada.

thanks
Prasad

My question is if I move to canada on a work visa will I be able to apply for PR from within Canada

-- Yes

Thanks bhand11683 for the timely reply..

Where in Canada(which Visa Office) will I b applying to? Dont think I will have a US Visa and not sure if I can cross over the border to Buffalo, in case of an interview. Thats what I am not able to chk on the web.. Thanks Again

Prasad

misprasad said:
Thanks bhand11683 for the timely reply..

Where in Canada(which Visa Office) will I b applying to? Dont think I will have a US Visa and not sure if I can cross over the border to Buffalo, in case of an interview. Thats what I am not able to chk on the web.. Thanks Again

Prasad

Hi Misprasad,

You can apply for PR from within Canada but the application will have to be sent to Buffalo, NY. If you get interview waiver there is no problem. BUT if you are called for an interview it is your responsibility to get a US visa and attend the interview.

If you feel that it will be difficult for you to get a US visa a couple of years down the line (As if you are called for interview it will be approx 2 years after you get file number) then you should apply for PR from your home country.

Within Canada , your application will go to Vegreville ,Ontario and you will get processed within canada . When you get your landing visa , take a U turn from the border and come back and Land . BUt this is only possible if you start your process within canada and not apply from US and then move to canada