Work towards our APPROVALS!

140_takes_4ever

Registered Users (C)
We the immigrant community pay amongst the highest taxes in the land. We are highly qualified, skilled workers, with serious contributions to the American society/economy and community, yet we have to suffer through this beauracratic mess called INS/BCIS with no solution in sight!

Most of us, if not all of us have been waiting in this quagmire of INS/BCIS redtape and paper work for atleast a couple of years if not more. I am tired of this endless patient wait, and I am sure that most of you feel the same. It is high time that we do something about the situation. Instead of sitting still and doing nothing let us do something since nothing can be worse than the situation we are in currently.

An old saying The squeeky wheel gets the oil, seems very apt in modern day American politics. Unless we raise our voices and demand our rights, it looks as if no one will help us.

Some of the other forums have already started projects and campaigns towards this goal. The projects and campaigns will work within the political system and try to bring attention to our cause from those people who really matter in the policy making. Namely Senators and Congressmen.

I urge all of you to spend a few mins in reading about these projects and following up with any/all of the simple actions like signing/faxing/emailing/attending offices/meetings with Conressmen and Senators. The people who will benefit the most from speedier processing is the current batch of 140 applicants. The estimated processing times for 485 cases filed within the last 6 months or so will scare you!

Please help out in the projects which are aimed at helping us.

Added Inducements

Take a look at the results of the campaign started just a few months ago:

Originally posted by Kashmir on 485 Issues in California Service Center
I received a fax from Aris Aguirre.
-kashmir

November 11, 2003

Mr. Don Neufeld, Director
California Service Center
Post Office Box 30111
Laguna Niguel, California 92607

Dear Mr. Neufeld,

I'm writing to request information about the back-log of the employment based I-485 Adjustment of Status applications.

As you know, the California Service Center has virtually stopped adjudicating these applications in the past two years and it is just now slowly beginning to review these cases again. Your office is currently adjudicating applications that were received on December 16, 2001 and earlier. This is after being frozen at the adjudication date of 11/16/2001 since January of 2002.

I have many constituents approaching me in frustration as to why these applications are moving at such a slow pace and when more resources will be allocated to adjudicating them. It would be very helpful for me in attempting to answer their questions if you would address this issue with detailed response. As you can imagine, this delay is causing hardship and anxiety to many families awaiting a decision.

Thank you for your time and attention to my request and I look forward to your timely response.

Sincerely,
(Anna Eshoo's signature)
Anna G. Eshoo
Member of Congress

Enclosure