work permit under B1/B2 visa

catbgu

Hi,

I came in US using a B1 visa for training at the headquarters of the company I am working in my country. Now, I meet here the representative of another company and he offered me to remain here and work for them. Because this visa don't allow me to work here, I need a way to get a work permit. Could somebody offer me this information please?

Appreciations!

Usually you will need an H1B to stay (but it depends on your qualifications and what country you are from). All of the H1B's are gone for this year, so you wouldn't be able to get one until April next year and if you are lucky enough to get one, it won't be active until October of 2009.

But, again, it depends on what your qualifications are and what country you are from as there may be other options.

My origin country is Romania and my qualifications are in computer science, but the job offer here is in real estate sales. Any idea?

The company shouldm sponsor you for H1B but you need ot go back first to yur own country , Can not be done anything from here.

Not going to happen unless you can show how your background would qualify for you to work in real estate sales. Plus most real estate agents are paid on a commission only basis - you can't be paid on commission only, it has to be a salary. They are never going to let you come in as a real estate agent as you also need a license from the state licensing board. Also, if they haven't told you, the real estate market is in a complete shambles in the U.S. so you would find yourself starving in about a week.

If you really want to move here then you need to get an offer from something in a computer related field. That should be quite easy - assuming you have the right qualifications. But remember, there are no H1B visas available until April 1 2009 and again, it won't even be active until October2009. And if you didn't know, there are more people who want an H1B than there are visas available so you have to win one in a lottery.

But you will need all that time to understand the process, do the research, get the offer, and hope you can get an offer.

What are your qualifications?