work experience in 2 feilds!!!!! queries plz help!

cool_bloke

hello there im avinash from india.as others i would like to immigrate to canada.im 25 and i hold a master of science in advaced manufacturing systems from the UK and a post grad diploma in business management from the UK as well.

My first degree is Bachelors in mech engg and while i was studying i worked 3 years part time as system and network operator.after finishin the degree i worked for one year full time as a mechanical engg technologist and then flew to UK for advanced studies.

im now back in india and getting trained for MCSE and CCNA.this is because i have a strong interest in the hardware and networkin feild tho my main stream is mech/manufacuring engineering.

i would like to know whether i will be having any problems in my application since i have experience in 2 different feilds???
or is it an advantage???

is it necessary to submit the police certificate with the application or can i do it later when they advice?????????

i always have a doubt in my mind whether the experience i have is sufficient???????

i will appreciate any replies
thanks and regards
avinash :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi cool_bloke,

Please visit the following link. It is the official Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website. You should first determine if you qualify to apply for immigration to Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/assess/index.html

The minimum experience required is 1 year full-time paid experience. Your part time experience can also be counted as work experience if you were paid for it and have sufficient documents to prove that you did work. Your 3 year part time work experience (assuming you worked 20 hr/ week) will count as 1 year and 6 months.

It does not matter if you worked in two different fields.

In most cases it is required to provide police clearance when you initially send the application.

I hope you understand that it can take on an average anywhere from 36 months to well over 50 months to process your case from India.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/02a-skilled-fed.html