• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Work Experience for DV Lottery

Kevleo

Hi Folks

I'm thinking to apply from Work experience. my current Job SVP range is (7.0 to < 8.0) I believe it is sufficient but it's a freelance job so what kind of document that we need to prove the Work experience? if anyone could give me some advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

have you not completed high school?

are you selected for dv2023 or thinking of applying for dv2024?

Yes thinking of applying for dv2024. I didn't complete high school.my current Job SVP range is (7.0 to < 8.0).

Well, you’d need to demonstrate evidence that you’ve spent at least two years doing that. If you’re freelance, probably need detailed job contracts clearly demonstrating that the work you do meets the requirements according to o*net, adding up to the required time.

How does earnings show what your job duties were? Sure, earnings is probably part of it (if you’re earning minimum wage you’re unlikely to be at the correct level) but you need to demonstrate clearly that the actual work you do meets the job requirements at the level indicated in o*net. You might want to scroll down to the relevant section here for some ideas what you need. https://britsimonsays.com/education-or-work-experience-qualifying-for-the-dv-lottery/

You need at least two years of experience in the past five years. If you’re freelance you might need to add up the time you were actually hired and working and it should add up to two years. When you take a gig do you not have an employment contract stating your duties and duration of each contract? That’s a way you could show that you qualify.