• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Won The Lottery....

Tucxie75

Registered Users (C)
Yeah, we can't still believe it...
Anyway, I am looking for information to expedite the process and make sure I am not letting this opportunity slip through my hand.
Would someone know anything I should know? How long does it take to get the final green card?
Thanks,
Tucxie (Europe if anyone wonders :p )

toxie

when did you receive the letter?Is it for DV2004 0rDV 2005?My parents won the lottery for 2004 there number was in 800 series so their interview was on 5th nov, 2003 and on december they already arrived here in US.Within 3 weeks of arriving here they got their green card.

It all depends what you registration number is?If it is higher in the order like 25000 than the chances are slim.Last year the cut off number was 21450 meaning whoever has number beyond 21450 did not get their dv visa .Yeah ! get back to me, i can throw some light how you should go about.

My number is in the 10000 and it is for the current lottery (DV2005) so I guess I have some chances to get it :p
Where were your parents from? Is there anything I should know? Should I take a lawyer or is this simple enough?
Responding to the letter as soon as possible is it key to get an early appointment?
Can I send my response via FEdex to expedite the process?
THanks,
Tucxie

The sooner you sent the better.Congratulations! If your number is 10000 you will certainly get the DV. My parents were from asia.

Thanks!

Thanks for your answer, we are from Europe so it might be a bit different but I have high hope!
Tucxie :)

pipladi said:
when did you receive the letter?Is it for DV2004 0rDV 2005?My parents won the lottery for 2004 there number was in 800 series so their interview was on 5th nov, 2003 and on december they already arrived here in US.Within 3 weeks of arriving here they got their green card.

It all depends what you registration number is?If it is higher in the order like 25000 than the chances are slim.Last year the cut off number was 21450 meaning whoever has number beyond 21450 did not get their dv visa .Yeah ! get back to me, i can throw some light how you should go about.

what is the originating country???