• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Won a lottery Visa

okun

Registered Users (C)
Fellows:

I just won a lottery Visa. The DV Program 2004

I have I-485 pending

The following are my information
File Religious I-360 file February 2001
Approved Religious I-360 file July 2002

Finger Printed October 25, 2002
EAD Approved November 15, 2002
AP Approved November 14, 2002
Married February 1st while I-485 is pending
I applied for Filled (I-824 Pending): Follow-To-Join April 2003

My question can I apply for the Lottery Diversified Visa? Will that speed up my green and wife joining me soon?

not right now

you have to wait until the start of fiscal year 2004 (Sep. 2003) to file your application. If you go with AOS, you may have to wait further until your number becomes current. Waht is your region and number?

"you have to wait until the start of fiscal year 2004 (Sep. 2003) to file your application. If you go with AOS, you may have to wait further until your number becomes current. Waht is your region and number?"

I have "A" already

"What is your region and number?"
West Africa
#04AFXXX103

may try CP

It is not recommended that you file two AOS with INS. That may confuse them. Your number is pretty low, if you choose CP, you should have interview in Sep.

"It is not recommended that you file two AOS with INS. That may confuse them. Your number is pretty low, if you choose CP, you should have interview in Sep".

Thanks for the information.
Please what are the meaning of these

AOS
CP

Are you from giant of Africa?

Originally posted by okun
"It is not recommended that you file two AOS with INS. That may confuse them. Your number is pretty low, if you choose CP, you should have interview in Sep".

Thanks for the information.
Please what are the meaning of these

AOS
CP

Are you from giant of Africa?

Hi: you have a very low number. you will get your visa sealed on your passport in october this year.
AOS: adjustment of status (form I-485)
CP: councelor processing (you do this at your home country. you can chose to do the AOS or CP . I think you will not confuse BCIS with two AOS applications as long as they are two catagories (your case is one in religious and second in DV) . However I am not an expert in that area. your DV case will be approved fast as long as you have not violated your status in USA.
Congradulations. On october 1st go to your local INS (now BCIS) office and submit your letter and ask what to do. It is pretty easy. First you need to tell KCC that you are doing AOS by filling DSP122 form and paying $100.00 each for any one applying with you.
DV will definetely speed up your green card. Is your wife in west africa or in USA? if she is in west affrica, call KCC immediately and ask help. The KCC number is given at the bottom in the Yellow sheet you got from them. Do it fast and your wife will join you in november or so.
You mentioned that your winning number is 04AFXXX103. what is XXX? are they 000? if so you have a very high chance to do either AOS or CP. Hope this will help.
Any questions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fellows:

My question can I apply for the Lottery Diversified Visa? Will that speed up my green and wife joining me soon?

DV will definetely speed up your green card. Is your wife in west africa or in USA? if she is in west affrica, call KCC immediately and ask help. The KCC number is given at the bottom in the Yellow sheet you got from them. Do it fast and your wife will join you in november or so. Hope this will help.
Any questions?

"you have to wait until the start of fiscal year 2004 (Sep. 2003) to file your application. If you go with AOS, you may have to wait further until your number becomes current. Waht is your region and number?"

I have "A" already

"What is your region and number?"
West Africa
#04AFXXX103
What are your XXX mean? are they 000? if so you have a very high chance to get the GC in October this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was mailed April 25. I got the forms in the mail yesterday 28! Acutually i was going to discard it into the trash can thinking that it was one of the credit card solicitor until I saw department of state of the envelop.

Re: may try CP

]that s my story . I would like to inform you

that I was among those applicants who were selected and registred

for further consideration in the DV-2002(october,1,2001 to september

30,2002).

I did complete and return forms (230 partI,230 partII and dsp122)

to the kentuky consular center around May 2001 but infortuntely,

up to now I havenot received any answer yet.

now, I am writing to you to ask you what i have to do cause i cant beleive

that i missed this opportunity_pleas help me
:(

Re: Re: may try CP

now, I am writing to you to ask you what i have to do cause i cant beleive

that i missed this opportunity_pleas help me
:( [/B][/QUOTE]

What was your exact case number? including region (is it AF or AS or what?)

Re: Re: Re: Re: may try CP

Originally posted by moad
i think af why have u in advice for me :)

I am sorry I do not understand what you say. If you want help, please send your complete case number.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: may try CP

hi pwdg

that s my case number : 2002AF00029251

is what I can still regain my statue in Dv2005 so not what I must make
:)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: may try CP

hi pwdg

I will look for some historical data for AF in 2002. However, you can not get a green card using this case number. I am pretty sure about that. You may want to call KCC (the tel number is at the bottom of your letter) and ask them what you should do. I can only tell you what I know. KCC may know more than me.
Good luck.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: may try CP

hi pwdg

I looked at some 2002 case numbers. Your case was current in August and September that year. may be KCC ran out of visa by that time.
You can check these info at
http://www.travel.state.gov/ivstats.html

However you will NEVER get a GC based on your old case number. I am very sorry for that. You may want to call KCC and verify this information. Good luck.

2004 Winner/ 1-485

I was able to speak with an immigration officer at Taxes Service Center. She said my pending case will another 14 months before my case will be approved.

The following are my information
Practical Training Approved Dec 1999
File Religious I-360 file February 2001
Approved Religious I-360 file July 2002

Finger Printed October 25, 2002
EAD Approved November 15, 2002
AP Approved November 14, 2002
Married February 1st while I-485 is pending
I applied for Filled (I-824 Pending): Follow-To-Join April 2003

Won a 2004 DV from Africa region leaving in U.S.
KCC told me told to contact my local INS. Meanwhile, I have already filled and sent form DSP122 as suggested.
When do I pay the $100.00. fees for my wife and I.

I have written to my INS local office three weeks ago but have not heard from them. Do I have to go there personally? It is about five hours from where I live. I have opted to go with the DV. Program. Or do I wait until hear I from them?

Re: 2004 Winner/ 1-485

Won a 2004 DV from Africa region leaving in U.S.
KCC told me told to contact my local INS. Meanwhile, I have already filled and sent form DSP122 as suggested.
When do I pay the $100.00. fees for my wife and I.
After INS accept your case. that will be after october 01st 2003.

I have written to my INS local office three weeks ago but have not heard from them. Do I have to go there personally? It is about five hours from where I live. I have opted to go with the DV. Program. Or do I wait until hear I from them? [/B][/QUOTE]
Your case is DV 2004. INS will not do anything intil October 01st 2003 for DV 2004 cases. They are doing DV 2003 cases until October 01st. I don't think you have to go there. Have all the forms filled and file them on October 01st. Good Luck.