WOM lawsuit in San Diego

sfsd

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My I-485 has beem stuck in name check for almost 4 years. I'm planning to file WOM in San Diego. However, I heard it is very difficult in San Diego, especially if it is filed Pro Se (without lawyer). I'm wondering if anybody can share information regarding the following.

1. Is there a chance that a WOM will have negative impact on an I-485 case?

2. How successful is filing WOM in San Diego, by lawyer vs. Pro Se?

3. Which lawyers have good reputations in filing WOM?

Thanks a lot.

sfsd said:
My I-485 has beem stuck in name check for almost 4 years. I'm planning to file WOM in San Diego. However, I heard it is very difficult in San Diego, especially if it is filed Pro Se (without lawyer). I'm wondering if anybody can share information regarding the following.

I'm in a similar situation, the same place and thinking about the same thing.

What in particular did you hear, that makes you think WOM in SD is diffcult?

gather couple of more people in your situation and hire an attorney (and share the cost). it is worth paying 2-3K (just my guess) to a lawyer. Its not that easy to go in front of a judge in a fed court and argue against seasons attorneys from USCIS side. Filing a case and attending a hearing shouldn't cost much. Check www.findlaw.com or www.lawyers.com to find a good immigration lawyer in your area. Look for a lawyer with litigation experience (many immigration attorneys simply file petitions, never step foot in the court).

sfsd said:
Hi,

1. Is there a chance that a WOM will have negative impact on an I-485 case?

2. How successful is filing WOM in San Diego, by lawyer vs. Pro Se?

3. Which lawyers have good reputations in filing WOM?

Thanks a lot.

There is certainly the possibility of being retaliated by USCIS due to WOM lawsuit. Just check out some of my earlier posts (my wife's 485 was denied initially because of the lawsuit). Don't get too scared by this, because I believe the majority of the people filing lawsuits against USCIS didn't see negative impact on their applications; but since you asked, you have to know that the possibility is real.

As for finding a lawyer, I think the best way is to open a PACER account, search similar cases in your district, and find the lawyers who have actually represented people in this type of WOM cases.