Will my sister loose permenent Green Card holder rights if she fill form I-751 seperatly?

Yashvant

Registered Users (C)
My sister was married to US CITIZEN boy in 2007..After 1 week they took Divorce legally in Court...She has 2 years conditional GC...and my sister has one daughter who also have her own temporary GC...Now her husband told my sister that he will show divorce degree to the Government and he is not agree to File I-751 with jointly..He told to file seperatly of I-751

Will my sister loose permenent Green Card holder rights if she fill form I-751 seperatly?

What my sister have 2 do to get the Permenent GC of 10yrs?

Please guide us to get her Permenent GC

My sister was married to US CITIZEN boy in 2007..After 1 week they took Divorce legally in Court...She has 2 years conditional GC...and my sister has one daughter who also have her own temporary GC...Now her husband told my sister that he will show divorce degree to the Government and he is not agree to File I-751 with jointly..He told to file seperatly of I-751

1. Not really
2. She has to prove marriage was bona fide
3. Please see answer no. 2

Why was your sister married for one week? What is even bizarre is how was she issued a greencard within a week? Something isn't kosher and I might need to see a rabbit...:(

Assuming that she was married for a week and was by some miracle isssued a greencard within a week or the husband did a consular filing which just made it easier for her to get a greencard within 30 days or so.:confused: Unless your sister has a plan of action on what she plans to tell USCIS, she is a toasted cashew waiting to be crunched by an IO.;) I can't possibly see under any circumstance in which she convinces USCIS that it was a bona fide marriage. Also, the moment she finalized the divorce, she needed to have filed for removal of conditions. :rolleyes:

Lastly, she will need to file separately, because filing jointly is fraud which will even be more severe. Divorce means legal seperation, so she can't claim joint filing where none exist. I can't wish her good luck here, she's toast and clearly smells and walks like a fraud marriage for the greencard....:cool: