Will it be EB2?

laurial

Hi Gurus,

I've Three Year Full time polytechnique diploma in Computer Engineering (passed in 1996) after 12th.

I was selected my a multi national and I started working for them. In year 2004 based on my IT experience and Professional education I got the admission in the MBA program conducted by sikkim manipal university (part time).

I completed the MBA program in 2006 before coming to the USA.

My company here in the USA(I came to USA with a diffirent company)offered me to file the Green Card with them and they asked me to approach their Attorney. I don't know how the attroney evaluated the whole thing but it seems they say my professional qualification is equals to BSA degree in the USA.

Till date as you can see my total experience is more than 12 years now,just querious to know whether my case will follow the EB2 track? I don't know but somehow I'm not getting the positive feeling for the company's attorney.

Please guide.

Regards,

As far as I know, it depends on the job qualification. That's how my attorney explained it to us. If the job ask for BS degree and you have PhD, you can't claim labor based on PhD, just on BS because that's what the job qualification asked for.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Will it be EB2

Thanks for the reply.

I really do not know anything about all this.

As far I know job description says bechlor+5 years. My only worry is how my overall education and work experience is being evaluated here.

This is a tricky case. 3+2 is not considered a MS equivalent (at least not by NSC). 3 years degree is also not consider a BS equivalent so your job experience doesn't help you much either. Talk to an experienced attorney. You will have to argue that your education is equivalent to a US degree.

The job description at which you are doing working presently, they evaluate that what kind of education is need at that post according to the US system of employment and thus evaluate your education and they are not considering your experince which is i would think is very unfair but why you need to live in USA int he first place. Just leave it and go home and server your country as USA is about to default in fews years time.