Will I be denied citizenship?

Laluna1982

Registered Users (C)
Hi to all. I have a huge concern . I just filed today my N400 and after reading online I am really worried about my application being denied :(. Well, in 2010 I left my dog in a car not for long at all but receieved a citation , went to court and did 30 hours of community service . 8 months later I filed a removal of condition and receieved my permanent green card. I filed all paperwork clerk gave me with my application for removal of condition and no questions have been asked at USCIS. Today I filed for naturalization , also submitted court paper a d explanation letter about what happened . I have no other troubles with the law expect the one I mationed . Guys, what are my chances ? Should I save for an attorney ? Is there's chance of deportation ? I'm really worried since I have ten months old baby girl born as a US citizen and thinking of what might happen scares me . Please help !

Don't know if it matter or not , but it was county ordinance ( I live in different county) and I don't have probation .

Don't know if it matter or not , but it was county ordinance ( I live in different county) and I don't have probation .

I believe as soon you disclose your citation in the N-400 and during the interview, bring court disposition, you will be fine.

Don't panic, just disclose the ticket with proof from the court and you paid the fines and took care of it.

I was going through the forum and discovered that on my form N400 on question 15" have you ever commuted a crime for which I wasn't arrested" I answered "yes" because I thought they are asking if I did something wrong but haven't been arrested for that by the law enforcement officer .. On question 16 also answered yes because I was cited .. I added an explanation sheet as well as court document .. What should I do now?

Relax, you are panicking way too prematurely.

You need to give us the specific number of the county ordinance under which you entered a plea for this citation.
It may not even have been a criminal ordinance but just an administrative one - many (perhaps most) county ordinances are just administrative offenses. So one would need to look at the precise language of the statute in question to understand what exactly it entails.
Under some severe circumstances criminal conduct involving cruelty to animals may constitute CMIT (see http://www.uscis.gov/err/B9 - Batte...ecisions_Issued_in_2006/May232006_03B9204.pdf ) but your case is almost certainly not in that category, and, as I said, might not have been a criminal offense at all.

County Jefferson. State Kentucky . 9000000 LOCAL COUNTY ORDNANCE Citation:OK 70******

Last edited by a moderator:
County Jefferson. State Kentucky . 9000000 LOCAL COUNTY ORDNANCE Citation:OK 7018972-1

Hmm, it sounds like you are giving the number of the citation (ticket) - I was asking for the number of the ordinance that you were convicted of violating.

Charge filed 9000000 local county ordinance

Charge 1 original. 02-01 7******

Probably that's it ..
Also, I asked a clerk for case disposition paper , they don't have it . She could only give me a paper from printed from her computer "if cd comp no obj to m staph and dm"

Last edited by a moderator: